Nine-year-old Finty wins Christmas card design competition
- Credit: Archant
Christmas cards creatively designed by a nine-year-old girl are now on sale at Beccles Library.
The library held a competition during the autumn for customers under the age of 12 to come up with this year’s design.
The competition was judged by November’s visiting speaker, Reverend Richard Coles, who crowned nine-year-old Finty Woolf as the winner with her reindeer design.
The message inside the card was chosen from a selection produced by the Library’s poetry writing group, which meets once a month.
The cards are now on sale in the library foyer at £2 for a pack of five.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Ross, library manager, said: “Thank you to all who participated in either the cover design or message competition.
“We are very grateful to Anglia Print who have generously supported this project.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
To find out more about the poetry group, or any of the other events at the library, call in and chat to a member of the team or visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/branches/beccles-library/