Nine-year-old Finty wins Christmas card design competition
- Credit: Archant
Christmas cards creatively designed by a nine-year-old girl are now on sale at Beccles Library.
The library held a competition during the autumn for customers under the age of 12 to come up with this year’s design.
The competition was judged by November’s visiting speaker, Reverend Richard Coles, who crowned nine-year-old Finty Woolf as the winner with her reindeer design.
The message inside the card was chosen from a selection produced by the Library’s poetry writing group, which meets once a month.
The cards are now on sale in the library foyer at £2 for a pack of five.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Ross, library manager, said: “Thank you to all who participated in either the cover design or message competition.
“We are very grateful to Anglia Print who have generously supported this project.”
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 3 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 10 Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school
To find out more about the poetry group, or any of the other events at the library, call in and chat to a member of the team or visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/branches/beccles-library/