Nineteen-year-old prepares for one-woman show at Halesworth Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Nineteen-year-old soprano Alice Howell will be giving a one-woman performance at The Cut theatre in Halesworth.
Accompanied on the piano by Will Drew-Batty from Bungay, Alice will perform on Thursday, July 6 at 7.30pm.
Her repertoire will include popular songs from musical shows and also classical works sung in English, German, French and Italian.
Alice’s talent as a singer first came to light as a 12-year-old at Halesworth Middle School when she sang in the role of Maid Marion in the school’s pantomime production of Robin Hood.
This was followed in 2011 in the Mini Mouth’s production of GCSE-The Musical at The Cut and in 2012 the same company’s production of Aladdin.
You may also want to watch:
At Bungay High School she had prominent singing roles in the spring, summer and winter concerts of 2012 and a further two in 2014.
In 2016, she had a leading role in the Suffolk All Stars show at The Cut with Erin-Lea Murphy of which the Kayden Theatre was a part and for whom Alice was a teaching assistant.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
At City College Norwich she completed an extended diploma in UAL musical theatre. In her two years there her credits included Against
All Odds, The Witches of Eastwick, Berlin to Broadway and Little Shop of Horrors.
Alice participated in a fundraising concert at Ludham Church and appeared in a cabaret show at Platform Twelve in Norwich.
At Chichester University she is studying for a degree in music (vocal performance). In her first year she gained an auditioned place in the University
Chamber Choir and is one of a select group of 12 who sing for the Otter Consort. They have performed at Chichester, Winchester and Leeds Cathedrals and this summer are undertaking a tour of Prague.
Other recent performances include Faure’s Requiem at St Edmund’s church in Southwold where she sang the Pie Jesu solo.
Tickets for the show cost £7 and can be booked by calling The Cut on 0300 3033 211 or in person at the Theatre from Tuesdays to Saturdays between 11am and 2pm. They can also be booked online by email to firstname.lastname@example.org