Nominations open for town’s Civic Awards
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Bungay Town Council will soon be holding its annual Civic reception and awards evening again, celebrating the commitment of individuals to their town.
The awards will be given out on Wednesday, November 13, at an invite-only event at the Fisher Theatre, and nominations are open until Friday, October 11.
Various awards recognize contributions to sport, community service, young people, volunteers, and new groups.
A spokesperson for the town council said: "This is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the commitment of a number of different individuals and groups to the town as a whole."
The event will also feature local entertainment and a light finger-buffet sourced from local producers.
You may also want to watch:
Nomination forms are available from the town council offices which are open from 10am-1pm Monday, Wesnesday, and Thursday.
They can also be found at the Community Centre, Bungay Library, and on the Bungay Town Council website under 'press releases'.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days