Norfolk and Suffolk breweries team up to make whisky flavoured beer
Two breweries on either side of the Norfolk-Suffolk border have joined forces to produce a whisky flavoured beer.
Suffolk brewer St Peter’s has teamed up with the St George’s Distillery in Norfolk to produce an innovative new brew – The Saints Whisky Beer.
St Peter’s, based at St Peter South Elmham, near Bungay, is producing the beer using the same peated malt that is used by the English Whisky Company at its St George’s Distillery facility at Roudham, near Thetford.
Following the fermentation process, the English Whisky Company’s Chapter 9 peated whisky is added before bottling to produce a beer with an alcohol content of 4.8pc.
Colin Cordy, managing director at St Peter’s, said: “In consumer trials we have had some very positive reaction to The Saints Whisky Beer and distributors in our 32 export markets are very excited about this addition to the St Peter’s award winning range of beers.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Nelstrop, managing director of the English Whisky Co, added: “We are delighted to be working with St Peter’s Brewery to develop this excellent new and differentiated product. With St Peter’s’ penetration in worldwide export markets, we are hoping that this product will also introduce consumers to the English Whisky Co and our range of whisky products both abroad as well as in the UK.”
The Saints Whisky Beer is being launched exclusive in the UK through 150 selected Waitrose stores and online grocer Ocado, from October 24.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
It will also be available online at www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk and from the English Whisky Company’s shop at the distillery.