Norfolk and Suffolk breweries team up to make whisky flavoured beer
Two breweries on either side of the Norfolk-Suffolk border have joined forces to produce a whisky flavoured beer.
Suffolk brewer St Peter’s has teamed up with the St George’s Distillery in Norfolk to produce an innovative new brew – The Saints Whisky Beer.
St Peter’s, based at St Peter South Elmham, near Bungay, is producing the beer using the same peated malt that is used by the English Whisky Company at its St George’s Distillery facility at Roudham, near Thetford.
Following the fermentation process, the English Whisky Company’s Chapter 9 peated whisky is added before bottling to produce a beer with an alcohol content of 4.8pc.
Colin Cordy, managing director at St Peter’s, said: “In consumer trials we have had some very positive reaction to The Saints Whisky Beer and distributors in our 32 export markets are very excited about this addition to the St Peter’s award winning range of beers.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Nelstrop, managing director of the English Whisky Co, added: “We are delighted to be working with St Peter’s Brewery to develop this excellent new and differentiated product. With St Peter’s’ penetration in worldwide export markets, we are hoping that this product will also introduce consumers to the English Whisky Co and our range of whisky products both abroad as well as in the UK.”
The Saints Whisky Beer is being launched exclusive in the UK through 150 selected Waitrose stores and online grocer Ocado, from October 24.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
It will also be available online at www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk and from the English Whisky Company’s shop at the distillery.