Nursery children celebrate good Ofsted report with trip to the forest
- Credit: Archant
Children at Stepping Stones Nursery School in Woodton have celebrated their recent Ofsted report with a trip to Thetford Forest.
The school was graded good in all three key areas including how well the early years provision meets the needs of the range of children who attend and the effectiveness of the leadership and management.
The inspector praised the school’s “well-established” outdoor play and learning, promoting children’s interest in outdoors and ensuring that those children who learn best through being outdoors are able to do so. She said that consistent rules are in place and the effective use of meaningful praise supports children’s self-esteem and their developing understanding of right and wrong.
Kim Harper, manager of Stepping Stones Nursery, said they were delighted with the report. She said: “The nursery believes that a good balance between indoor and outdoor activities helps staff to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage successfully, and our Ofsted report reflects the nursery’s ethos and approach to learning well.
“The visit to Thetford Forest reenforces many of the comments in our Ofsted report such as the strong emphasis that we place upon outdoor learning.”
You may also want to watch:
During their visit the children participated in a Gruffalo trail - a well loved story at the nursery - and played in the wild play area.
In order to become an outstanding school, the report said staff need to maximise opportunities to interact with children as they participate in activities, to extend their learning even further and to the next level.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor