Ofsted report sparks big ambition
A BECCLES headteacher has stated his desire to make his school 'one of the greatest in Suffolk' following a glowing Ofsted report.Jeremy Rowe said he was very proud of his staff and students at Sir John Leman High School after it was judged to be good overall with some outstanding qualities.
A BECCLES headteacher has stated his desire to make his school 'one of the greatest in Suffolk' following a glowing Ofsted report.
Jeremy Rowe said he was very proud of his staff and students at Sir John Leman High School after it was judged to be good overall with some outstanding qualities.
The report said the school had future potential to improve, although pupils attainments and attendance, the school's contribution to community cohesion and their effective assessment have received the top grading.
The school's sixth form has also attracted an outstanding grade in three of the four categories looked at by inspectors.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rowe said: “What Ofsted have told us is that we are on the right track to becoming even better.
“Our aim is for Sir John Leman High School to become one of the greatest schools in Suffolk. This inspection report proves that we are on our way. With our fantastic students, members of staff and parents, the sky's the limit for how great we can become.”
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Inspectors said Sir John Leman in Ringsfield Road “is a good school that is rightly well-regarded within the community which it serves.
They added that “it is demonstrating good capacity to improve because it has enabled students to make consistently good progress and the momentum of recent changes is beginning to show in improved performance and standards.”
Students were also seen to feel safe in and around the school, with many parents very positive about the experiences of their children.