Olympic gymnast trains with Loddon pupils
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Pupils at Loddon Junior School have been training with Olympic gymnast Danny Lawrence, who visited the school as part of the Sports for Schools programme.
Team England captain Mr Lawrence, who won a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, has made over 40 British international appearances and competed at three European and three world championships.
He visited the school on Monday to work with pupils on some fitness exercises, before rounding off the day with a display of his gymnastic skills.
A spokesman from the school said: “The children were very excited to meet Danny.
“It was a very inspirational visit and the children enjoyed asking him questions about how they can become international superstars.”
You may also want to watch:
Sports for Schools brings the country’s top athletes into primary schools around the country to inspire children to get involved in sport.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears