Olympic gymnast trains with Loddon pupils
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Pupils at Loddon Junior School have been training with Olympic gymnast Danny Lawrence, who visited the school as part of the Sports for Schools programme.
Team England captain Mr Lawrence, who won a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, has made over 40 British international appearances and competed at three European and three world championships.
He visited the school on Monday to work with pupils on some fitness exercises, before rounding off the day with a display of his gymnastic skills.
A spokesman from the school said: “The children were very excited to meet Danny.
“It was a very inspirational visit and the children enjoyed asking him questions about how they can become international superstars.”
You may also want to watch:
Sports for Schools brings the country’s top athletes into primary schools around the country to inspire children to get involved in sport.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 4 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 5 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 6 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café