Olympic gymnast trains with Loddon pupils
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Pupils at Loddon Junior School have been training with Olympic gymnast Danny Lawrence, who visited the school as part of the Sports for Schools programme.
Team England captain Mr Lawrence, who won a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, has made over 40 British international appearances and competed at three European and three world championships.
He visited the school on Monday to work with pupils on some fitness exercises, before rounding off the day with a display of his gymnastic skills.
A spokesman from the school said: “The children were very excited to meet Danny.
“It was a very inspirational visit and the children enjoyed asking him questions about how they can become international superstars.”
You may also want to watch:
Sports for Schools brings the country’s top athletes into primary schools around the country to inspire children to get involved in sport.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 8 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk