Olympic role for Thurton boy
A HANDFUL of Norfolk four-year-olds with a special birthday will have the chance to be a part of the Olympics in 2012. Every child who was born on December 20, 2004 has been offered the chance to play a role in an event during the London Olympics.
A HANDFUL of Norfolk four-year-olds with a special birthday will have the chance to be a part of the Olympics in 2012.
Every child who was born on December 20, 2004 has been offered the chance to play a role in an event during the London Olympics.
One of the children is Daniel Loades, from Thurton, whose picture has just been added to the official London 2012 website. His birthday is on the official 2012 day, which is the 20th day of the 12th month.
Daniel has been receiving a birthday card from Lord Coe, chairman of the 2012 organising committee, for the past three years. This year he was also sent a 2012 Children's Promise T-shirt. A picture of Daniel wearing the T-shirt and kicking a football has been added to the website.
You may also want to watch:
His mother Hayley Loades, a part-time support worker, said: “He was born on his due date - I did not realise there was any connection with the Olympics until later, but it has turned out quite well. He understands little bits about it - he likes getting the cards and wearing the T-shirt, and seeing himself and all the other children on the website.”
His grandfather Gary Corbett said: “It is nice to be able to say 'my grandson is going to be in the Olympics' - even if you don't mean it in quite that way!”
- 1 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 2 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 3 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 4 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 5 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 7 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
- 8 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 9 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 10 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
Families with children born in the UK on December 20, 2004 have until April 1 to register. Details are available on www.2012.com/