Olympic role for Thurton boy
A HANDFUL of Norfolk four-year-olds with a special birthday will have the chance to be a part of the Olympics in 2012. Every child who was born on December 20, 2004 has been offered the chance to play a role in an event during the London Olympics.
A HANDFUL of Norfolk four-year-olds with a special birthday will have the chance to be a part of the Olympics in 2012.
Every child who was born on December 20, 2004 has been offered the chance to play a role in an event during the London Olympics.
One of the children is Daniel Loades, from Thurton, whose picture has just been added to the official London 2012 website. His birthday is on the official 2012 day, which is the 20th day of the 12th month.
Daniel has been receiving a birthday card from Lord Coe, chairman of the 2012 organising committee, for the past three years. This year he was also sent a 2012 Children's Promise T-shirt. A picture of Daniel wearing the T-shirt and kicking a football has been added to the website.
You may also want to watch:
His mother Hayley Loades, a part-time support worker, said: “He was born on his due date - I did not realise there was any connection with the Olympics until later, but it has turned out quite well. He understands little bits about it - he likes getting the cards and wearing the T-shirt, and seeing himself and all the other children on the website.”
His grandfather Gary Corbett said: “It is nice to be able to say 'my grandson is going to be in the Olympics' - even if you don't mean it in quite that way!”
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 10 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
Families with children born in the UK on December 20, 2004 have until April 1 to register. Details are available on www.2012.com/