One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in town
KEN Kesey's thought-provoking tale of life in a psychiatric hospital comes to Bungay later this month.One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the latest production to come from the critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company.
KEN Kesey's thought-provoking tale of life in a psychiatric hospital comes to Bungay later this month.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the latest production to come from the critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company.
The show comes to the Fisher Theatre on Friday September 25 and Saturday September 26.
The play, adapted from Ken Kesey's novel, tells the tale of the boisterous Randall P McMurphy, who feigns mental illness and is transferred to a psychiatric hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There he rallies a group of patients who are kept drugged and subservient under the merciless regime of Nurse Ratched, challenging her authority and opening their minds.
This uprising soon develops into all out war between staff and patients in a funny, shocking and moving drama which is an American classic.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
In its three-year history, Black Ram Theatre Company has emerged as one of East Anglia's leading theatre companies.
Other performances they have brought to the area include Northanger Abbey and Twelfth Night.
For more information visit www.blackramtheatre.com.