One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in town
KEN Kesey's thought-provoking tale of life in a psychiatric hospital comes to Bungay later this month.One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the latest production to come from the critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company.
KEN Kesey's thought-provoking tale of life in a psychiatric hospital comes to Bungay later this month.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the latest production to come from the critically-acclaimed Black Ram Theatre Company.
The show comes to the Fisher Theatre on Friday September 25 and Saturday September 26.
The play, adapted from Ken Kesey's novel, tells the tale of the boisterous Randall P McMurphy, who feigns mental illness and is transferred to a psychiatric hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There he rallies a group of patients who are kept drugged and subservient under the merciless regime of Nurse Ratched, challenging her authority and opening their minds.
This uprising soon develops into all out war between staff and patients in a funny, shocking and moving drama which is an American classic.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
In its three-year history, Black Ram Theatre Company has emerged as one of East Anglia's leading theatre companies.
Other performances they have brought to the area include Northanger Abbey and Twelfth Night.
For more information visit www.blackramtheatre.com.