Open verdict on man, 27
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year.
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.
Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year. On November 18 - nine days after Mr Feek, 27, had last been seen alive - he was found lying face up in a ditch running along Common Lane North.
The inquest in Lowestoft heard that a post-mortem examination could not determine a cause of death and there were no signs of disease.
At the time the body was found, Mr Feek's mouth and nose were above the level of the water in the ditch, but it is possible that there had been more water in the ditch before he was found.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk coroner Peter Dean said: “In the absence of natural and toxicological causes, a cause of death by hypothermia or exposure should be considered.”
He recorded an open verdict.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 1960s music night to raise hospital funds
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Damaged opiate vials at hospital 'likely a manufacturing fault'
- 9 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post