Open verdict on man, 27
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year.
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.
Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year. On November 18 - nine days after Mr Feek, 27, had last been seen alive - he was found lying face up in a ditch running along Common Lane North.
The inquest in Lowestoft heard that a post-mortem examination could not determine a cause of death and there were no signs of disease.
At the time the body was found, Mr Feek's mouth and nose were above the level of the water in the ditch, but it is possible that there had been more water in the ditch before he was found.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk coroner Peter Dean said: “In the absence of natural and toxicological causes, a cause of death by hypothermia or exposure should be considered.”
He recorded an open verdict.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day