Open verdict on man, 27
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year.
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.
Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year. On November 18 - nine days after Mr Feek, 27, had last been seen alive - he was found lying face up in a ditch running along Common Lane North.
The inquest in Lowestoft heard that a post-mortem examination could not determine a cause of death and there were no signs of disease.
At the time the body was found, Mr Feek's mouth and nose were above the level of the water in the ditch, but it is possible that there had been more water in the ditch before he was found.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk coroner Peter Dean said: “In the absence of natural and toxicological causes, a cause of death by hypothermia or exposure should be considered.”
He recorded an open verdict.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers