Open verdict on man, 27
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year.
A MAN who was missing from his home for nine days was found dead in a ditch in Beccles, an inquest has heard.
Stuart Feek, of Queen Elizabeth Drive, Beccles, was reported missing by his family in November last year. On November 18 - nine days after Mr Feek, 27, had last been seen alive - he was found lying face up in a ditch running along Common Lane North.
The inquest in Lowestoft heard that a post-mortem examination could not determine a cause of death and there were no signs of disease.
At the time the body was found, Mr Feek's mouth and nose were above the level of the water in the ditch, but it is possible that there had been more water in the ditch before he was found.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk coroner Peter Dean said: “In the absence of natural and toxicological causes, a cause of death by hypothermia or exposure should be considered.”
He recorded an open verdict.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'