Joy as optician unveils new practice
- Credit: Archant
An independent opticians is marking its 13th year in Beccles with a move to a new, larger practice.
The Mayor of Beccles, Andrea Carr, was on hand to help Observatory the Opticians celebrate their new premises at the old NatWest bank.
The optician opened for business last month, but it was officially opened last Friday by the Mayor, who cut the red ribbon.
A grand opening was celebrated with a day of information sessions in topics such as audiology, lenses and dry eye, as well as a raffle draw and tours around the new practice.
Manager Jacqui Sayer was pleased with the turnout. She said: "Our new practice is so much bigger than our original one across the square.
You may also want to watch:
"We are still the same business, but we now have the space to offer a much larger frame range as well as four dispensing areas.
"We are also much more accessible, with automatic double doors capable of welcoming wheelchairs and pushchairs with ease.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 8 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
"Our hearing care service will be expanding and we have plans to develop the practice even further so watch out for more announcements as we continue our extensive renovations".
Optometrist René Moor added: "We're very proud of our strong presence in Beccles and place huge importance on interacting with and supporting our community.
"With our cutting-edge technology and first-class service, we feel we're offering a really excellent service to people in the town".