Organiser of Halesworth’s first Spring market says it will become an annual event
- Credit: Archant
Halesworth’s first ever Spring Garden Market has been deemed such a success it will become an annual event.
Aimed at showcasing the best of what local nurseries, growers and artisan crafters had to offer, visitors spent Saturday browsing unusual items for their gardens.
The market was run by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “It was great seeing so many people walking off with armfuls of plants, there was also a couple of wheelbarrows brought along to cart off some of the larger items.
“The atmosphere was really good and the town was buzzing with people.”
She said the market will now become an annual event thanks to positive feedback from sellers and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets to be held in the Market Place this year, the next event will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
- 1 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 4 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 5 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
- 8 Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- 9 'A rare proposition': Construction continues on new development
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash