Organiser of Halesworth’s first Spring market says it will become an annual event
- Credit: Archant
Halesworth’s first ever Spring Garden Market has been deemed such a success it will become an annual event.
Aimed at showcasing the best of what local nurseries, growers and artisan crafters had to offer, visitors spent Saturday browsing unusual items for their gardens.
The market was run by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “It was great seeing so many people walking off with armfuls of plants, there was also a couple of wheelbarrows brought along to cart off some of the larger items.
“The atmosphere was really good and the town was buzzing with people.”
She said the market will now become an annual event thanks to positive feedback from sellers and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets to be held in the Market Place this year, the next event will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 7 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice