Organiser of Halesworth’s first Spring market says it will become an annual event
- Credit: Archant
Halesworth’s first ever Spring Garden Market has been deemed such a success it will become an annual event.
Aimed at showcasing the best of what local nurseries, growers and artisan crafters had to offer, visitors spent Saturday browsing unusual items for their gardens.
The market was run by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “It was great seeing so many people walking off with armfuls of plants, there was also a couple of wheelbarrows brought along to cart off some of the larger items.
“The atmosphere was really good and the town was buzzing with people.”
She said the market will now become an annual event thanks to positive feedback from sellers and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets to be held in the Market Place this year, the next event will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 6 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns