Organiser of Halesworth’s first Spring market says it will become an annual event
- Credit: Archant
Halesworth’s first ever Spring Garden Market has been deemed such a success it will become an annual event.
Aimed at showcasing the best of what local nurseries, growers and artisan crafters had to offer, visitors spent Saturday browsing unusual items for their gardens.
The market was run by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “It was great seeing so many people walking off with armfuls of plants, there was also a couple of wheelbarrows brought along to cart off some of the larger items.
“The atmosphere was really good and the town was buzzing with people.”
She said the market will now become an annual event thanks to positive feedback from sellers and visitors.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets to be held in the Market Place this year, the next event will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase