Orienteering event at Beccles Common to raise funds for Avenue appeal
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An orienteering event is being held at Beccles Common in aid of the Mayor’s Appeal to regenerate the Avenue to its former glory.
The Suffolk Orienteering Club has organised the family friendly event with a variety of courses to suit all abilities.
It will be held on Bank Holiday Monday, May 1, from 10am to 2pm.
It will celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Avenue opening in 1867.
The courses on offer will take participants all around Beccles Common, are good for beginners, and range from short and long courses, together with a score event where you see how many controls you find in 45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The event will start from Beccles Sports and Social Club on Ken Markland Way off Common Lane, with registration opening at 10am and closing at 12.30pm.
Beccles mayor Graham Catchpole would like to thank Suffolk Orienteering Club for organising the event and also Waveney Norse for allowing the use of the changing rooms.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
He said, that so far, he has raised £13,000 of the £20,000 required and hopes there will be good support for the event.
Entry is £3 for adults and £1 for children.
For more information call 01502 712109 or visit www.beccles.info/towncouncil/posts/