Orienteering event at Beccles Common to raise funds for Avenue appeal
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An orienteering event is being held at Beccles Common in aid of the Mayor’s Appeal to regenerate the Avenue to its former glory.
The Suffolk Orienteering Club has organised the family friendly event with a variety of courses to suit all abilities.
It will be held on Bank Holiday Monday, May 1, from 10am to 2pm.
It will celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Avenue opening in 1867.
The courses on offer will take participants all around Beccles Common, are good for beginners, and range from short and long courses, together with a score event where you see how many controls you find in 45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The event will start from Beccles Sports and Social Club on Ken Markland Way off Common Lane, with registration opening at 10am and closing at 12.30pm.
Beccles mayor Graham Catchpole would like to thank Suffolk Orienteering Club for organising the event and also Waveney Norse for allowing the use of the changing rooms.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 9 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 10 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
He said, that so far, he has raised £13,000 of the £20,000 required and hopes there will be good support for the event.
Entry is £3 for adults and £1 for children.
For more information call 01502 712109 or visit www.beccles.info/towncouncil/posts/