Oulton Broad Primary School runners to take on muddy obstacle course in aid of charity
A team of runners from Oulton Broad will be lacing up their trainers and joining people across the region taking on a challenging course in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The annual Pretty Muddy race will be held in Norwich this weekend, and 12 staff from Oulton Broad Primary School have been training to give the course their best shot.
They will be pulling on their pink t-shirts tomorrow to struggle through a five kilometre course full of mud and obstacles, hoping to raise as much money as possible for the charity.
They have been sponsored by friends, family, colleagues and parents at the school, and have already raised more than £700.
The runners were inspired to take on the challenge after losing family members themselves, and a family at the school who have a loved one currently battling the disease.
You may also want to watch:
Runner, Laura Tungate, said: 'Several members of staff have run in the event in previous years individually, but we wanted this year to run together. Nearly everyone has a moving story to tell about how they have been affected by cancer, and we all wanted to do our bit, however small to help.
'We welcome anyone to come and cheer us on, it is a wonderfully humbling experience just being there and I'm sure there will be many hilarious muddy photos taken during the race!'
Anyone who would like to support the team by making a donation to sponsor the runners can visit https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/team-ob.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 4 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 10 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
Are you taking part in the Race for Life or Pretty Muddy race for Cancer Research UK this weekend? Send us your details and pictures at email@example.com or call 01502 525 829 to speak to a reporter.