Outdoor swimming pool set to make a splash this season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
There are plenty of exciting new facilities for swimmers to enjoy as Beccles Lido re-opens for the season tomorrow.
Volunteers have been working hard over the winter months to maintain and repair the heated outdoor swimming pool to get it ready for the 2016 season.
The entire pool surround has also been resurfaced with a soft rubber material.
Youngsters have for the last few years enjoyed the one-metre springboard, slide and giant inflatables and there had been talk of restoring the high diving board.
However, despite funds having been raised, lido directors felt that the expense was difficult to justify compared to the number of people who would use the board.
You may also want to watch:
After consulting with organisations who had pledged money to the project, it was instead agreed to fund new facilities like the resurfacing, gym equipment and play equipment.
Beccles Lido re-opens at 7.30am tomorrow.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 7 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
For full details of opening times, admission prices and season tickets visit www.beccleslido.com or phone 01502 713297.
Do you have a Beccles story? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.