Outdoor swimming pool set to make a splash this season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
There are plenty of exciting new facilities for swimmers to enjoy as Beccles Lido re-opens for the season tomorrow.
Volunteers have been working hard over the winter months to maintain and repair the heated outdoor swimming pool to get it ready for the 2016 season.
The entire pool surround has also been resurfaced with a soft rubber material.
Youngsters have for the last few years enjoyed the one-metre springboard, slide and giant inflatables and there had been talk of restoring the high diving board.
However, despite funds having been raised, lido directors felt that the expense was difficult to justify compared to the number of people who would use the board.
After consulting with organisations who had pledged money to the project, it was instead agreed to fund new facilities like the resurfacing, gym equipment and play equipment.
Beccles Lido re-opens at 7.30am tomorrow.
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 9 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 10 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
For full details of opening times, admission prices and season tickets visit www.beccleslido.com or phone 01502 713297.
Do you have a Beccles story? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.