Outdoor swimming pool set to make a splash this season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
There are plenty of exciting new facilities for swimmers to enjoy as Beccles Lido re-opens for the season tomorrow.
Volunteers have been working hard over the winter months to maintain and repair the heated outdoor swimming pool to get it ready for the 2016 season.
The entire pool surround has also been resurfaced with a soft rubber material.
Youngsters have for the last few years enjoyed the one-metre springboard, slide and giant inflatables and there had been talk of restoring the high diving board.
However, despite funds having been raised, lido directors felt that the expense was difficult to justify compared to the number of people who would use the board.
You may also want to watch:
After consulting with organisations who had pledged money to the project, it was instead agreed to fund new facilities like the resurfacing, gym equipment and play equipment.
Beccles Lido re-opens at 7.30am tomorrow.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
For full details of opening times, admission prices and season tickets visit www.beccleslido.com or phone 01502 713297.
Do you have a Beccles story? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.