Outdoor swimming pool set to make a splash this season
- Credit: Nick Butcher
There are plenty of exciting new facilities for swimmers to enjoy as Beccles Lido re-opens for the season tomorrow.
Volunteers have been working hard over the winter months to maintain and repair the heated outdoor swimming pool to get it ready for the 2016 season.
The entire pool surround has also been resurfaced with a soft rubber material.
Youngsters have for the last few years enjoyed the one-metre springboard, slide and giant inflatables and there had been talk of restoring the high diving board.
However, despite funds having been raised, lido directors felt that the expense was difficult to justify compared to the number of people who would use the board.
You may also want to watch:
After consulting with organisations who had pledged money to the project, it was instead agreed to fund new facilities like the resurfacing, gym equipment and play equipment.
Beccles Lido re-opens at 7.30am tomorrow.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
For full details of opening times, admission prices and season tickets visit www.beccleslido.com or phone 01502 713297.
Do you have a Beccles story? Email the details to email@example.com.