Hounds and horses to parade through Bungay for annual Boxing Day meet
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of people are expected to line the streets in Bungay as the Waveney Harriers parade through the town in their traditional Boxing Day meet.
Last year around 50 riders took part in the procession joined by their hounds, looping around the town centre before stopping to let spectators inspect their horses.
A spokesman for the club said: “The Waveney Harriers are very much looking forward to meeting everyone in Bungay on Boxing Day for their annual visit through town between 11am and 11.30am.
“A tradition Bungay and local areas should be proud of. With only nine packs of stud book Harriers left in the country our hounds are very precious to us and we very proud of them.
“We appreciate that not everyone likes or understands hunting but please be reassured that the trail layers will be out as always.
You may also want to watch:
“May you all have a Happy Christmas and we look forward to seeing you there.”
For more information search for the Friends of the Waveney Harriers on Facebook.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor