Paris cycle ride boosts May Centre
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling 250-mile cycle ride in temperatures in the 80s has given a boost to a Beccles Charity.
James Warren took part in the ride between the two capital cities earlier this year which had to be completed in four days.
Sponsorship is still being collected and Mr Warren is dividing the money between The May Centre in Beccles and the Alzheimer’s Society.
“My father Peter is a volunteer organiser at the May Centre and I am happy to help this charity that gives so much support to residents in the Beccles area.
“In the past I have cycled from John O’Groats to Land’s End so even though this was a shorter distance the high temperatures and the fact we had to complete 60 or 70 miles a day made it hard,” said Mr Warren who now lives in the Loughborough area.
You may also want to watch:
Last week Mr Warren brought his bike to the May Centre and was able to explain about his ride to everyone there.
He was welcomed by his father and by Caroline Topping, the Mayor of Beccles. “I am so pleased to meet James and say a big thank you on behalf of everyone at the May Centre,” said Mrs Topping.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated
The May Centre, a day centre for adults with disabilities, is beginning a fund-raising campaign to purchase a new mini-bus that is used to bring people from villages in the Beccles area to the May Centre in Common Lane, Beccles.
The next fund-raising event at the May Centre is a bingo evening on Friday, May 3, 7pm for 7.30pm, at The May Centre, Common Lane, Beccles. There will also be a bar and a raffle, everyone is welcome.