Paris cycle ride boosts May Centre
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling 250-mile cycle ride in temperatures in the 80s has given a boost to a Beccles Charity.
James Warren took part in the ride between the two capital cities earlier this year which had to be completed in four days.
Sponsorship is still being collected and Mr Warren is dividing the money between The May Centre in Beccles and the Alzheimer’s Society.
“My father Peter is a volunteer organiser at the May Centre and I am happy to help this charity that gives so much support to residents in the Beccles area.
“In the past I have cycled from John O’Groats to Land’s End so even though this was a shorter distance the high temperatures and the fact we had to complete 60 or 70 miles a day made it hard,” said Mr Warren who now lives in the Loughborough area.
You may also want to watch:
Last week Mr Warren brought his bike to the May Centre and was able to explain about his ride to everyone there.
He was welcomed by his father and by Caroline Topping, the Mayor of Beccles. “I am so pleased to meet James and say a big thank you on behalf of everyone at the May Centre,” said Mrs Topping.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 8 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
The May Centre, a day centre for adults with disabilities, is beginning a fund-raising campaign to purchase a new mini-bus that is used to bring people from villages in the Beccles area to the May Centre in Common Lane, Beccles.
The next fund-raising event at the May Centre is a bingo evening on Friday, May 3, 7pm for 7.30pm, at The May Centre, Common Lane, Beccles. There will also be a bar and a raffle, everyone is welcome.