‘Party time’ theme for annual church flower festival
- Credit: James Bass
A village church will be filled with colour once again as an annual flower festival is staged.
The event will be held at St Botolph’s Church in North Cove from Saturday, May 5 to Monday, May 7.
The theme for this year’s display is ‘party time’ and there will also be a display of art work created by the children of Barnby and North Cove Primary School.
Judy Thacker, treasurer of North Cove and Barnby PCC, said: “All the money raised will go to help to keep North Cove and Barnby churches open.
“This is our main fundraising event of the year and we are hoping to raise £2,000 to help towards the cost of the insurance bill for both these churches which is just under £3,000.”
You may also want to watch:
There will also be stalls, a raffle and refreshments available.
The display will be open from 10am to 4pm each day, and admission is by voluntary donation.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 6 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times