‘Party time’ theme for annual church flower festival
- Credit: James Bass
A village church will be filled with colour once again as an annual flower festival is staged.
The event will be held at St Botolph’s Church in North Cove from Saturday, May 5 to Monday, May 7.
The theme for this year’s display is ‘party time’ and there will also be a display of art work created by the children of Barnby and North Cove Primary School.
Judy Thacker, treasurer of North Cove and Barnby PCC, said: “All the money raised will go to help to keep North Cove and Barnby churches open.
“This is our main fundraising event of the year and we are hoping to raise £2,000 to help towards the cost of the insurance bill for both these churches which is just under £3,000.”
You may also want to watch:
There will also be stalls, a raffle and refreshments available.
The display will be open from 10am to 4pm each day, and admission is by voluntary donation.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more