‘Party time’ theme for annual church flower festival
- Credit: James Bass
A village church will be filled with colour once again as an annual flower festival is staged.
The event will be held at St Botolph’s Church in North Cove from Saturday, May 5 to Monday, May 7.
The theme for this year’s display is ‘party time’ and there will also be a display of art work created by the children of Barnby and North Cove Primary School.
Judy Thacker, treasurer of North Cove and Barnby PCC, said: “All the money raised will go to help to keep North Cove and Barnby churches open.
“This is our main fundraising event of the year and we are hoping to raise £2,000 to help towards the cost of the insurance bill for both these churches which is just under £3,000.”
You may also want to watch:
There will also be stalls, a raffle and refreshments available.
The display will be open from 10am to 4pm each day, and admission is by voluntary donation.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas