Fire rips through bus taking students home from college
- Credit: Archant
Passengers had to be evacuated from a bus after it caught fire in Aldeby, near Beccles.
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the blaze in Rectory Road which closed while crews put out the fire.
They remained on the scene checking for hot spots and waiting for recovery.
A fire service spokesman said: “The bus was in service so we believe it will have been a mechanical fault.
“Passengers were off the bus before we arrived on scene and no-one is believed to have been injured.”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the bus was taking college students home when one of them alerted the bus driver to smoke.
The bus was stopped and students and the driver evacuated without injury.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue