Fire rips through bus taking students home from college
- Credit: Archant
Passengers had to be evacuated from a bus after it caught fire in Aldeby, near Beccles.
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the blaze in Rectory Road which closed while crews put out the fire.
They remained on the scene checking for hot spots and waiting for recovery.
A fire service spokesman said: “The bus was in service so we believe it will have been a mechanical fault.
“Passengers were off the bus before we arrived on scene and no-one is believed to have been injured.”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the bus was taking college students home when one of them alerted the bus driver to smoke.
The bus was stopped and students and the driver evacuated without injury.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft