Fire rips through bus taking students home from college
- Credit: Archant
Passengers had to be evacuated from a bus after it caught fire in Aldeby, near Beccles.
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the blaze in Rectory Road which closed while crews put out the fire.
They remained on the scene checking for hot spots and waiting for recovery.
A fire service spokesman said: “The bus was in service so we believe it will have been a mechanical fault.
“Passengers were off the bus before we arrived on scene and no-one is believed to have been injured.”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the bus was taking college students home when one of them alerted the bus driver to smoke.
The bus was stopped and students and the driver evacuated without injury.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk