Countryside estate plays host to dog walking fundraiser for health trust
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds visited a seldom seen private estate for a gathering dedicated to dog walking.
Dogs and humans alike enjoyed exploring Ditchingham Estate today as part the biannual Paws in the Park, an event raising money for All Hallows Healthcare Trust.
The trust, which provides a wide range of care services, relies heavily on public donations to sustain its activity.
“Dog walkers love getting together and seeing other people’s dogs, so it’s nice to do it for charity,” said Alison Harris, who works for Paws Indoors Mobile Vet
Earl Ferrers, who once again gave permission for the event to be held on his estate, added: “This event provides the community with an opportunity to visit and see what we’re doing on the estate.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great that people are able to take their dogs for a walk in a part of the countryside that wouldn’t otherwise be seen, and it’s a privilege that they want to come here.”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay