‘People can grieve 10 years on’: Funeral home launches new support sessions
- Credit: Archant
A funeral home is offering a number of new sessions to support people who have been bereaved and are struggling with grief.
Rosedale funeral home in Bungay offers free support groups to anyone affected by the death of a loved one, no matter when they died or if they used another funeral home.
"You have to go through the process and you have to allow yourself to do that," said Lucy Coote, who facilitates the support groups.
She said the death of a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences anyone can face, and that the bereaved often struggle with intense emotions leaving them isolated.
For that reason the funeral home is launching three new groups in Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth which are free and open to all.
"The majority of people want to keep the memory of their loved one alive and want it not to be painful to speak about them. It's about processing it.
"I've had people come in through the support group who were bereaved nine or ten years ago, but they never properly processed their grief."
- 1 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 2 New Asian restaurant already fully booked a week after opening
- 3 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
- 4 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 5 Suffolk school transforms wasted space into nature garden
- 6 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 7 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 8 'A very special weekend' - Bungay set for 'happy and glorious' Jubilee
- 9 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 10 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
Rosedale also holds special sessions on days like Mother's Day and Father's Day.
She added: "The majority of people who come through the support groups have found a level of peace and formed friendships. They have also realised their feeling isn't unusual and other people feel the way they do.
"This time of year is really hard for people, it's dark, Christmas has just gone and it's hard. Holidays, Birthdays, and anniversaries can be especially difficult.
"It can be difficult and lonely when you're bereaved and this is a chance to meet new people, be supported and form friendships."
Halesworth Group starts on ThursdayFebruary 6 from 2-4pm at The Stable Rooms, Angel Hotel, Halesworth. Please call Faith on 01986 875588 to register.
Beccles Group starts on Thursday February 6 from 5.30 - 7pm at The Quaker Meeting House, Smallgate, Beccles, Please call Alison on 01502 714445 to register.
Bungay Group starts Monday February 3 from 5.45-7.15pm at Rosedale Funeral Home, 12a Upper Olland Street, Bungay. Please call Chloe on 01986 892790 to register.