Permanent home chance for pre-school
A BECCLES pre-school that is currently run out of a primary school classroom could be set to get its own purpose-built centre.If given the go-ahead, the project would see a permanent home built for Earlybirds Pre-school in the playground of the school where it is already based.
A BECCLES pre-school that is currently run out of a primary school classroom could be set to get its own purpose-built centre.
If given the go-ahead, the project would see a permanent home built for Earlybirds Pre-school in the playground of the school where it is already based.
Currently operating out of a classroom at Ravensmere Infant School on St Benedict's Road, Earlybirds Pre-school would be able to accommodate slightly higher numbers of children if permission is granted for the proposal.
Suffolk County Council asked Beccles Town Council for its views on the application for the project that would enable “wraparound” childcare to be provided, both for the pre-school and school pupils at the beginning and end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Members of Beccles Town Council's planning committee discussed the application at a meeting on Tuesday.
Committee chairman Alan Thwaites told fellow members: “I have to say I am very impressed with what they are proposing. I was also very impressed with the planning for the future with regards to the wider community.”
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 8 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 9 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café
Councillors voted to recommend approval for the project by Suffolk County Council when it decides on the application.