Photo gallery: Beccles high school race for life charity event is best yet
- Credit: Archant
More than 900 students and staff took part in the Leman 4 Life charity fun run at the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
With the warm up completed and rising excitement and anticipation, the third Leman 4 Life race was underway on Tuesday last week.
This year the guest starter was ‘Lauren Lou’; the Cancer Research pink three wheeler support car, provided by Gary Bennett and Adrian Nowell.
Weather conditions were perfect for running or walking the five kilometre course around the school field and with more 900 students and staff participating this year, it was the biggest turn out to date.
“The fancy dress costumes this year were amazing, ranging from bat girls, chocolate heroes, cow girls, horses and a gingerbread character, who you would never have guessed is a national ladies rugby team star.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations go to Daniel Avery, our Sixth Former who completed the course in an amazing time of 18 minutes and 45 seconds,” said a school spokesman.
The organisers would like to thank their partners, Beccles Friends of Cancer Research UK and Bungay Black Dog Running Club, also to Britvic for supplying the squash, Travis Perkins for the generator and Tesco for the fruit.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
“A big thank you must also go to all those who gave their time, effort and energy into making the event so successful.
“The whole afternoon was thoroughly enjoyed by all,” added the spokesman.