Photo gallery: Snow across Beccles, Bungay and Loddon
- Credit: Archant © 2013
The Beccles and Bungay region may have escaped the heaviest of the snowfall but it has still had an impact.
Some schools have been closed while commuters have suffered severely as the A146 has had long queues of traffic.
Alpington and Bergh Apton Primary, Brooke Primary, Ditchingham Primary, Ellingham Primary, Hobart High School, Langley School, Loddon Infant and Nursery School, Loddon Junior School, Seething and Mundham Primary School and Thurlton Primary School are among the 250-plus schools in Norfolk while Worlingham Primary, Mendham Primary School, Bungay High School and Somerleyton Primary School are among the five in Suffolk.
However both Bungay High School and Langley School were open for those taking exams.
Last night there was traffic chaos for those travelling between Hales and Norwich with the journey taking around three hours.
You may also want to watch:
Our photographer Nick Butcher has been out taking pictures and in the photo gallery, linked at the top of the page, there are a selection of his images.
Readers have also been sending in their photos through iwitness24, which can also be seen in the gallery.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
Peter Frost sent in a snowy road scene from Bungay, Julian Forbes sent in a photo of a back garden under snow in Loddon and Rosalind Sims sent in one from Ashby St Mary.
Frances Crickmore sent in a picture of a robin in Bungay, Harry Read, 16, sent in picture of the bright morning sun on the River Waveney, near Bungay, while Roy Aldous captured the view at Loddon shortly before the snow hit.