Photo Gallery: Snow fun at Beccles and Worlingham
THERE was fun and games across the Waveney Valley yesterday as children enjoyed the snow.
Sledges, snowmen and snowballs were the order of the day as families gathered together as they followed advice to only travel if necessary.
For a picture gallery from yesterday, see the top right hand side of the screen.
Forecasters are predicting only light snowfall this evening across Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Met Office says conditions will be overcast today with widespread mist and low cloud, plus patchy fog, along with outbreaks of light rain or sleet at first.
You may also want to watch:
Any snow is not expected to settle, with daytime temperatures not exceeding 2C.
Icy stretches could develop on untreated road surfaces this evening, and drivers are warned to be alert. The minimum overnight temperature will be -4C.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
Tomorrow, temperatures will rise only a few degrees above freezing at best, but conditions will be mostly dry. Early wintry showers will fade away leaving mist and low cloud, with a maximum of 2C.
The Met Office’s Level 3 cold weather alert in the East of England is expected to last until Friday morning.