Photo Gallery: Snow fun at Beccles and Worlingham
THERE was fun and games across the Waveney Valley yesterday as children enjoyed the snow.
Sledges, snowmen and snowballs were the order of the day as families gathered together as they followed advice to only travel if necessary.
For a picture gallery from yesterday, see the top right hand side of the screen.
Forecasters are predicting only light snowfall this evening across Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Met Office says conditions will be overcast today with widespread mist and low cloud, plus patchy fog, along with outbreaks of light rain or sleet at first.
You may also want to watch:
Any snow is not expected to settle, with daytime temperatures not exceeding 2C.
Icy stretches could develop on untreated road surfaces this evening, and drivers are warned to be alert. The minimum overnight temperature will be -4C.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 4 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 8 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 9 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
Tomorrow, temperatures will rise only a few degrees above freezing at best, but conditions will be mostly dry. Early wintry showers will fade away leaving mist and low cloud, with a maximum of 2C.
The Met Office’s Level 3 cold weather alert in the East of England is expected to last until Friday morning.