Photo Gallery: Snow fun at Beccles and Worlingham
THERE was fun and games across the Waveney Valley yesterday as children enjoyed the snow.
Sledges, snowmen and snowballs were the order of the day as families gathered together as they followed advice to only travel if necessary.
For a picture gallery from yesterday, see the top right hand side of the screen.
Forecasters are predicting only light snowfall this evening across Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Met Office says conditions will be overcast today with widespread mist and low cloud, plus patchy fog, along with outbreaks of light rain or sleet at first.
You may also want to watch:
Any snow is not expected to settle, with daytime temperatures not exceeding 2C.
Icy stretches could develop on untreated road surfaces this evening, and drivers are warned to be alert. The minimum overnight temperature will be -4C.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
Tomorrow, temperatures will rise only a few degrees above freezing at best, but conditions will be mostly dry. Early wintry showers will fade away leaving mist and low cloud, with a maximum of 2C.
The Met Office’s Level 3 cold weather alert in the East of England is expected to last until Friday morning.