Photo Gallery: Snow fun at Beccles and Worlingham
THERE was fun and games across the Waveney Valley yesterday as children enjoyed the snow.
Sledges, snowmen and snowballs were the order of the day as families gathered together as they followed advice to only travel if necessary.
For a picture gallery from yesterday, see the top right hand side of the screen.
Forecasters are predicting only light snowfall this evening across Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Met Office says conditions will be overcast today with widespread mist and low cloud, plus patchy fog, along with outbreaks of light rain or sleet at first.
Any snow is not expected to settle, with daytime temperatures not exceeding 2C.
Icy stretches could develop on untreated road surfaces this evening, and drivers are warned to be alert. The minimum overnight temperature will be -4C.
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 3 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 4 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
Tomorrow, temperatures will rise only a few degrees above freezing at best, but conditions will be mostly dry. Early wintry showers will fade away leaving mist and low cloud, with a maximum of 2C.
The Met Office’s Level 3 cold weather alert in the East of England is expected to last until Friday morning.