Photo gallery: Snow returns to Beccles
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
As snow returned to Beccles tonight, forecasters have warned more could hit the region tomorrow and temperatures are set to stay low for the rest of the week.
Flurries of snow started to fall in Norwich, Cromer, Dereham and Wymondham at around 5pm and then Caister and Beccles at 5.30pm.
Light snow showers are set to fall in Norfolk tomorrow with the north and east coast being hit the worst.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said temperatures would remain low and aside from the snow showers, the day should be dry.
“I don’t think there will be any major problems but it’s certainly one to watch,” Mr Garner said.
Isolated wintry showers are forecast for Thursday and temperatures are expected to stay around freezing point.
“We have got a plunge of cold air coming from the Arctic that has brought the snow. We are expecting it to be cold until the weekend.”
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 10 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
He added that a band of snow was expected in the county on Sunday.