Photo gallery: Snow returns to Beccles
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
As snow returned to Beccles tonight, forecasters have warned more could hit the region tomorrow and temperatures are set to stay low for the rest of the week.
Flurries of snow started to fall in Norwich, Cromer, Dereham and Wymondham at around 5pm and then Caister and Beccles at 5.30pm.
Light snow showers are set to fall in Norfolk tomorrow with the north and east coast being hit the worst.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said temperatures would remain low and aside from the snow showers, the day should be dry.
“I don’t think there will be any major problems but it’s certainly one to watch,” Mr Garner said.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated wintry showers are forecast for Thursday and temperatures are expected to stay around freezing point.
“We have got a plunge of cold air coming from the Arctic that has brought the snow. We are expecting it to be cold until the weekend.”
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
He added that a band of snow was expected in the county on Sunday.