Photo gallery: Snow returns to Beccles
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
As snow returned to Beccles tonight, forecasters have warned more could hit the region tomorrow and temperatures are set to stay low for the rest of the week.
Flurries of snow started to fall in Norwich, Cromer, Dereham and Wymondham at around 5pm and then Caister and Beccles at 5.30pm.
Light snow showers are set to fall in Norfolk tomorrow with the north and east coast being hit the worst.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said temperatures would remain low and aside from the snow showers, the day should be dry.
“I don’t think there will be any major problems but it’s certainly one to watch,” Mr Garner said.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated wintry showers are forecast for Thursday and temperatures are expected to stay around freezing point.
“We have got a plunge of cold air coming from the Arctic that has brought the snow. We are expecting it to be cold until the weekend.”
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
He added that a band of snow was expected in the county on Sunday.