Photo gallery: Snow returns to Beccles
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
As snow returned to Beccles tonight, forecasters have warned more could hit the region tomorrow and temperatures are set to stay low for the rest of the week.
Flurries of snow started to fall in Norwich, Cromer, Dereham and Wymondham at around 5pm and then Caister and Beccles at 5.30pm.
Light snow showers are set to fall in Norfolk tomorrow with the north and east coast being hit the worst.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said temperatures would remain low and aside from the snow showers, the day should be dry.
“I don’t think there will be any major problems but it’s certainly one to watch,” Mr Garner said.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated wintry showers are forecast for Thursday and temperatures are expected to stay around freezing point.
“We have got a plunge of cold air coming from the Arctic that has brought the snow. We are expecting it to be cold until the weekend.”
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
He added that a band of snow was expected in the county on Sunday.