Photo gallery: Snow returns to Beccles
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
As snow returned to Beccles tonight, forecasters have warned more could hit the region tomorrow and temperatures are set to stay low for the rest of the week.
Flurries of snow started to fall in Norwich, Cromer, Dereham and Wymondham at around 5pm and then Caister and Beccles at 5.30pm.
Light snow showers are set to fall in Norfolk tomorrow with the north and east coast being hit the worst.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said temperatures would remain low and aside from the snow showers, the day should be dry.
“I don’t think there will be any major problems but it’s certainly one to watch,” Mr Garner said.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated wintry showers are forecast for Thursday and temperatures are expected to stay around freezing point.
“We have got a plunge of cold air coming from the Arctic that has brought the snow. We are expecting it to be cold until the weekend.”
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
He added that a band of snow was expected in the county on Sunday.