Search

Pigs saved in fire

PUBLISHED: 16:23 05 October 2009 | UPDATED: 08:39 01 August 2010

THREE fire crews were called to put out a small fire in a range of pig sheds in Station Road, Aldeby, shortly before 12.30pm today.

The crews used breathing apparatus and hoses to get the fire under control shortly after 1pm.

THREE fire crews were called to put out a small fire in a range of pig sheds in Station Road, Aldeby, shortly before 12.30pm today.

The crews used breathing apparatus and hoses to get the fire under control shortly after 1pm.

A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said that no pigs were injured.

He added that the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Beccles and Bungay Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Beccles and Bungay Journal