Police appeal after distraction burglary
POLICE are appealing for information after a distraction burglary at an address in Bungay last Wednesday.The incident occurred in Broad Street around 5.
POLICE are appealing for information after a distraction burglary at an address in Bungay last Wednesday.
The incident occurred in Broad Street around 5.30pm. Two older residents were at home when they heard a knock at the front door and a man - described as white, in his late 20s to 30s, around 5ft 8ins tall, of heavy build, wearing a light coloured flat cap, blue quilted jacket and grey trousers - said he was doing some work nearby and asked whether they wanted to take a look.
One of the residents closed the front door but then went to his back garden and found the offender standing there. He tried to get him to leave the garden, using his walking stick to strike out at the offender. It appears while this was going on a second offender entered his home and stole a quantity of cash.
Police are asking local people to think back to last Wednesday to see if they remember seeing anything suspicious in the area around 5.30pm. Were you travelling home around this time? Did you see anything unusual?
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident or the offenders is asked to call Beccles CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 9 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 10 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price