Police appeal after distraction burglary
POLICE are appealing for information after a distraction burglary at an address in Bungay last Wednesday.The incident occurred in Broad Street around 5.
POLICE are appealing for information after a distraction burglary at an address in Bungay last Wednesday.
The incident occurred in Broad Street around 5.30pm. Two older residents were at home when they heard a knock at the front door and a man - described as white, in his late 20s to 30s, around 5ft 8ins tall, of heavy build, wearing a light coloured flat cap, blue quilted jacket and grey trousers - said he was doing some work nearby and asked whether they wanted to take a look.
One of the residents closed the front door but then went to his back garden and found the offender standing there. He tried to get him to leave the garden, using his walking stick to strike out at the offender. It appears while this was going on a second offender entered his home and stole a quantity of cash.
Police are asking local people to think back to last Wednesday to see if they remember seeing anything suspicious in the area around 5.30pm. Were you travelling home around this time? Did you see anything unusual?
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident or the offenders is asked to call Beccles CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'