Police appeal after distraction burglary
POLICE are appealing for information following a distraction burglary in Halesworth.Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Bedingfield Crescent area of Halesworth on the afternoon of Thursday August 12 to come forward after the incident.
POLICE are appealing for information following a distraction burglary in Halesworth.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Bedingfield Crescent area of Halesworth on the afternoon of Thursday August 12 to come forward after the incident.
The incident happened around 4pm when a man called at the home of a man in his 80s, and gained entry by claiming he needed to check the water pressure.
A short time later the resident became suspicious and left the first man in the kitchen. He then saw a second man inside his home.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were asked to leave and they went after both protesting that they still needed to sort the water pressure out.
It was then discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen and police were called.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
Detectives need to speak to anyone who may have been in this area of Halesworth around 3.30pm - 4.30pm on Thursday August 12, or anyone who may have seen anything unusual. If you can help please call DC 1378 Balls on 01986 835300.
Two men - a 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old man - were arrested in connection with this incident a short time later. They have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on September 1, pending further enquiries.