Police appeal after distraction burglary
POLICE are appealing for information following a distraction burglary in Halesworth.Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Bedingfield Crescent area of Halesworth on the afternoon of Thursday August 12 to come forward after the incident.
POLICE are appealing for information following a distraction burglary in Halesworth.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Bedingfield Crescent area of Halesworth on the afternoon of Thursday August 12 to come forward after the incident.
The incident happened around 4pm when a man called at the home of a man in his 80s, and gained entry by claiming he needed to check the water pressure.
A short time later the resident became suspicious and left the first man in the kitchen. He then saw a second man inside his home.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were asked to leave and they went after both protesting that they still needed to sort the water pressure out.
It was then discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen and police were called.
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 9 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 10 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
Detectives need to speak to anyone who may have been in this area of Halesworth around 3.30pm - 4.30pm on Thursday August 12, or anyone who may have seen anything unusual. If you can help please call DC 1378 Balls on 01986 835300.
Two men - a 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old man - were arrested in connection with this incident a short time later. They have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on September 1, pending further enquiries.