Police appeal after distraction burglary
POLICE are appealing for information following a distraction burglary in Halesworth.Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Bedingfield Crescent area of Halesworth on the afternoon of Thursday August 12 to come forward after the incident.
POLICE are appealing for information following a distraction burglary in Halesworth.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Bedingfield Crescent area of Halesworth on the afternoon of Thursday August 12 to come forward after the incident.
The incident happened around 4pm when a man called at the home of a man in his 80s, and gained entry by claiming he needed to check the water pressure.
A short time later the resident became suspicious and left the first man in the kitchen. He then saw a second man inside his home.
Both men were asked to leave and they went after both protesting that they still needed to sort the water pressure out.
It was then discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen and police were called.
- 1 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 4 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 5 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Obituary: 'Bobby-on-the-beat' who was quick on his feet dies aged 86
- 7 Supermarket bids for earlier opening time 'to serve community for longer'
- 8 Flog It! star officially opens school's specialist centre
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
Detectives need to speak to anyone who may have been in this area of Halesworth around 3.30pm - 4.30pm on Thursday August 12, or anyone who may have seen anything unusual. If you can help please call DC 1378 Balls on 01986 835300.
Two men - a 29-year-old man and a 24-year-old man - were arrested in connection with this incident a short time later. They have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on September 1, pending further enquiries.