Police say girl was not approached by two men in van
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a pair of alleged accostings have said the incidents did not take place.
Last week social media reports of children being approached by men in Lowestoft and Beccles sparked concern across the region.
The first was reported to have taken place near Pakefield High School on March 12, with another report coming from Banham Road, in Beccles the following day.
Following the second incident, in which a girl was said to have been approached by two men in a white van, a warning was issued to parents.
Police have now said the incidents did not occur.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said: “Officers are now satisfied that they did not take place. The matters are now closed.”
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143