Teenage boy is sexually assaulted in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the serious sexual assault of a teenager in Bungay.
The assault happened between 8.30pm and 10.30pm on Saturday in Castle Lane.
The victim, a teenage boy, reported to police that he was pushed over into some bushes by someone who was walking behind him and then sexually assaulted. The suspect ran off when friends of the victim could be heard calling out for him.
Suffolk police say the victim is being supported by specialist trained officers while detectives based at Lowestoft carry out initial enquiries into the offence.
Anyone who was in the area of Castle Lane and Quaves Lane, or the surrounding alleyways, between 8pm and 11pm on Saturday is asked to make contact with officers at East CID.
You may also want to watch:
Calls should be made to East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 44061/18, or alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 6 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk