Teenage boy is sexually assaulted in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the serious sexual assault of a teenager in Bungay.
The assault happened between 8.30pm and 10.30pm on Saturday in Castle Lane.
The victim, a teenage boy, reported to police that he was pushed over into some bushes by someone who was walking behind him and then sexually assaulted. The suspect ran off when friends of the victim could be heard calling out for him.
Suffolk police say the victim is being supported by specialist trained officers while detectives based at Lowestoft carry out initial enquiries into the offence.
Anyone who was in the area of Castle Lane and Quaves Lane, or the surrounding alleyways, between 8pm and 11pm on Saturday is asked to make contact with officers at East CID.
You may also want to watch:
Calls should be made to East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 44061/18, or alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 4 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools