Teenage boy is sexually assaulted in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the serious sexual assault of a teenager in Bungay.
The assault happened between 8.30pm and 10.30pm on Saturday in Castle Lane.
The victim, a teenage boy, reported to police that he was pushed over into some bushes by someone who was walking behind him and then sexually assaulted. The suspect ran off when friends of the victim could be heard calling out for him.
Suffolk police say the victim is being supported by specialist trained officers while detectives based at Lowestoft carry out initial enquiries into the offence.
Anyone who was in the area of Castle Lane and Quaves Lane, or the surrounding alleyways, between 8pm and 11pm on Saturday is asked to make contact with officers at East CID.
You may also want to watch:
Calls should be made to East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 44061/18, or alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch