Police praise Gig crowds
SEVERAL arrests were made at this year's Gig in the Park - including one for possession of a class A drug.Nine offences were reported to police and eight people were arrested following the music event at Halesworth town park at the weekend.
SEVERAL arrests were made at this year's Gig in the Park - including one for possession of a class A drug.
Nine offences were reported to police and eight people were arrested following the music event at Halesworth town park at the weekend.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply after he was stopped and searched by police officers. He was bailed and is due to return to Lowestoft police station on November 19.
A number of gig-goers were dealt with for disorderly behaviour, including a 16-year-old who was spoken to by officers after a 13-year-old boy was head butted on Friday night.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they were pleased the number of arrests was so low. Inspector Tim Powell said: “Overall the event was very successful with a low number of offences and arrests over the weekend and good crowds attending each day.”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?