Police praise Gig crowds
SEVERAL arrests were made at this year's Gig in the Park - including one for possession of a class A drug.Nine offences were reported to police and eight people were arrested following the music event at Halesworth town park at the weekend.
SEVERAL arrests were made at this year's Gig in the Park - including one for possession of a class A drug.
Nine offences were reported to police and eight people were arrested following the music event at Halesworth town park at the weekend.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply after he was stopped and searched by police officers. He was bailed and is due to return to Lowestoft police station on November 19.
A number of gig-goers were dealt with for disorderly behaviour, including a 16-year-old who was spoken to by officers after a 13-year-old boy was head butted on Friday night.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they were pleased the number of arrests was so low. Inspector Tim Powell said: “Overall the event was very successful with a low number of offences and arrests over the weekend and good crowds attending each day.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch