Police slam driver 154pc over drinking limit for 500 metre journey home from pub
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police officers have slammed a driver caught 154 per cent over the drink drive limit who was driving a mere 500 metres home.
Halesworth police officers said there needs to be "less drinking [and] more thinking" before people take to the roads.
Sergeant Lee, of Halesworth police, stopped a driver in Framlingham on Tuesday, December 17.
The driver had been drinking at the Railway public house on Station Road, and had left to drive home - less than 500 metres away - while being 154 percent over the drink drive limit.
"This driver was also arrested and provided a sample of breath in custody which showed them to be 154% over the drink drive limit," Halesworth police said.
You may also want to watch:
"They were kept in custody overnight and appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court the next day, receiving an eighteen month driving ban and a £400 fine."
READ MORE: Driver who 'stopped drinking at midnight' caught over the limit nearly 12 hours laterHalesworth officers also said that another driver caught over the limit this month, a 67-year-old from Halesworth, had since attended court on the December 17 and received a fourteen month driving ban.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital