Police slam driver 154pc over drinking limit for 500 metre journey home from pub
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police officers have slammed a driver caught 154 per cent over the drink drive limit who was driving a mere 500 metres home.
Halesworth police officers said there needs to be "less drinking [and] more thinking" before people take to the roads.
Sergeant Lee, of Halesworth police, stopped a driver in Framlingham on Tuesday, December 17.
The driver had been drinking at the Railway public house on Station Road, and had left to drive home - less than 500 metres away - while being 154 percent over the drink drive limit.
"This driver was also arrested and provided a sample of breath in custody which showed them to be 154% over the drink drive limit," Halesworth police said.
You may also want to watch:
"They were kept in custody overnight and appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court the next day, receiving an eighteen month driving ban and a £400 fine."
READ MORE: Driver who 'stopped drinking at midnight' caught over the limit nearly 12 hours laterHalesworth officers also said that another driver caught over the limit this month, a 67-year-old from Halesworth, had since attended court on the December 17 and received a fourteen month driving ban.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay