Police warn drivers to abide by parking restrictions in busy Beccles road
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are reminding drivers of parking restrictions in Puddingmoor in Beccles after issuing seven fixed penalty notices on Sunday following complaints from residents.
Officers received two calls from members of the public on Sunday afternoon, reporting cars illegally parked on yellow lines in Puddingmoor, with another resident telling police that a vehicle was causing an obstruction and that on the narrow road it could pose a danger to pedestrians.
Police attended and seven fixed penalty notices, each for £30, were given to drivers who had parked in contravention of the restrictions.
Following the action police are reminding motorists that they need to abide by parking restrictions.
Drivers are asked to be mindful of the restrictions in place by way of the road markings and the signs displayed.
You may also want to watch:
The river side of the road has metal signs with the ‘no parking’ symbol between 8am and 6pm with single yellow lines and the town side has newer signs with single yellow lines that are specific to the summer months when Beccles Lido is open.
An increase in vehicles using such a narrow lane can cause severe issues and there is a safety risk with the number of people going to and from the pool.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade