Police warn drivers to abide by parking restrictions in busy Beccles road
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are reminding drivers of parking restrictions in Puddingmoor in Beccles after issuing seven fixed penalty notices on Sunday following complaints from residents.
Officers received two calls from members of the public on Sunday afternoon, reporting cars illegally parked on yellow lines in Puddingmoor, with another resident telling police that a vehicle was causing an obstruction and that on the narrow road it could pose a danger to pedestrians.
Police attended and seven fixed penalty notices, each for £30, were given to drivers who had parked in contravention of the restrictions.
Following the action police are reminding motorists that they need to abide by parking restrictions.
Drivers are asked to be mindful of the restrictions in place by way of the road markings and the signs displayed.
You may also want to watch:
The river side of the road has metal signs with the ‘no parking’ symbol between 8am and 6pm with single yellow lines and the town side has newer signs with single yellow lines that are specific to the summer months when Beccles Lido is open.
An increase in vehicles using such a narrow lane can cause severe issues and there is a safety risk with the number of people going to and from the pool.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk