Police warning to garage owners
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk. In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district.
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk.
In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district. Items that have been stolen have included metal, tools and a quad bike.
South Norfolk superintendent Malcolm Cooke said: “South Norfolk is a safe district with a very low crime rate but we are encouraging people leading up to Christmas to secure their outbuildings and take responsibility for keeping items safe within them.
“We are reminding people to take some simple measures to protect their sheds and garages from thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
Please report suspicious activity or any person acting suspiciously to the police, in an emergency call 999 or in a non-emergency call 0845 456 4567.
Police are working with the communities across the district to prevent, disrupt and prosecute opportunist thieves.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
For more crime prevention advice please contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team on 0845 456 4567 or visit their page at www.norfolk.police.uk.