Police warning to garage owners
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk. In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district.
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk.
In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district. Items that have been stolen have included metal, tools and a quad bike.
South Norfolk superintendent Malcolm Cooke said: “South Norfolk is a safe district with a very low crime rate but we are encouraging people leading up to Christmas to secure their outbuildings and take responsibility for keeping items safe within them.
“We are reminding people to take some simple measures to protect their sheds and garages from thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
Please report suspicious activity or any person acting suspiciously to the police, in an emergency call 999 or in a non-emergency call 0845 456 4567.
Police are working with the communities across the district to prevent, disrupt and prosecute opportunist thieves.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
For more crime prevention advice please contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team on 0845 456 4567 or visit their page at www.norfolk.police.uk.