Police warning to garage owners
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk. In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district.
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk.
In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district. Items that have been stolen have included metal, tools and a quad bike.
South Norfolk superintendent Malcolm Cooke said: “South Norfolk is a safe district with a very low crime rate but we are encouraging people leading up to Christmas to secure their outbuildings and take responsibility for keeping items safe within them.
“We are reminding people to take some simple measures to protect their sheds and garages from thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
Please report suspicious activity or any person acting suspiciously to the police, in an emergency call 999 or in a non-emergency call 0845 456 4567.
Police are working with the communities across the district to prevent, disrupt and prosecute opportunist thieves.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
For more crime prevention advice please contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team on 0845 456 4567 or visit their page at www.norfolk.police.uk.