Police warning to garage owners
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk. In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district.
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk.
In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district. Items that have been stolen have included metal, tools and a quad bike.
South Norfolk superintendent Malcolm Cooke said: “South Norfolk is a safe district with a very low crime rate but we are encouraging people leading up to Christmas to secure their outbuildings and take responsibility for keeping items safe within them.
“We are reminding people to take some simple measures to protect their sheds and garages from thieves.”
Please report suspicious activity or any person acting suspiciously to the police, in an emergency call 999 or in a non-emergency call 0845 456 4567.
Police are working with the communities across the district to prevent, disrupt and prosecute opportunist thieves.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 6 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 7 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 8 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 9 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 10 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
For more crime prevention advice please contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team on 0845 456 4567 or visit their page at www.norfolk.police.uk.