Police warning to garage owners
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk. In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district.
POLICE are reminding shed and garage owners to keep their outbuildings locked after a recent spate of thefts in South Norfolk.
In the last two weeks there have been a total of eleven outbuilding break-ins across the district. Items that have been stolen have included metal, tools and a quad bike.
South Norfolk superintendent Malcolm Cooke said: “South Norfolk is a safe district with a very low crime rate but we are encouraging people leading up to Christmas to secure their outbuildings and take responsibility for keeping items safe within them.
“We are reminding people to take some simple measures to protect their sheds and garages from thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
Please report suspicious activity or any person acting suspiciously to the police, in an emergency call 999 or in a non-emergency call 0845 456 4567.
Police are working with the communities across the district to prevent, disrupt and prosecute opportunist thieves.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
For more crime prevention advice please contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team on 0845 456 4567 or visit their page at www.norfolk.police.uk.