Pop-up food and drink market to take centre stage
- Credit: Charlotte James Photography and
A pop-up food and drink market is set to be held in a town centre next weekend.
The Beccles Food and Drink Festival organising team has decided to do their bit to encourage people to visit the town centre by organising a pop-up food and drink market.
It will be held from 8.30am to 4.30pm on Saturday, July 25 in the area of New Market, currently closed to traffic.
The pop-up market will feature up to 12 stalls of local traders who were booked in to attend the 2020 Festival.
A spokesman for the Beccles Food and Drink Festival organising team said the local traders will have an opportunity to sell their artisan products as their businesses recover from the coronavirus lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “As a result of the virus, visitors will see changes to the usual festival format, with stalls 1m apart, hand sanitiser for customer use, contactless payment where possible, products covered/sealed and no tasters.
“Visitors can help to make this event safe for all by observing social distancing and wearing masks where this cannot be achieved, and making regular use of sanitiser.
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
“If you arrive and the market is busy, why not browse the shops or visit one of the many cafes and restaurants in the town centre until the market area is quieter?”