Pop-up food and drink market to take centre stage
- Credit: Charlotte James Photography and
A pop-up food and drink market is set to be held in a town centre next weekend.
The Beccles Food and Drink Festival organising team has decided to do their bit to encourage people to visit the town centre by organising a pop-up food and drink market.
It will be held from 8.30am to 4.30pm on Saturday, July 25 in the area of New Market, currently closed to traffic.
The pop-up market will feature up to 12 stalls of local traders who were booked in to attend the 2020 Festival.
A spokesman for the Beccles Food and Drink Festival organising team said the local traders will have an opportunity to sell their artisan products as their businesses recover from the coronavirus lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “As a result of the virus, visitors will see changes to the usual festival format, with stalls 1m apart, hand sanitiser for customer use, contactless payment where possible, products covered/sealed and no tasters.
“Visitors can help to make this event safe for all by observing social distancing and wearing masks where this cannot be achieved, and making regular use of sanitiser.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
“If you arrive and the market is busy, why not browse the shops or visit one of the many cafes and restaurants in the town centre until the market area is quieter?”