Popular pop up cinema event set to thrill film fans with return to Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Beccles film buffs are in for a special summer treat as a popular outdoor cinema prepares to return to the town.
Pop Up Pictures will be bringing its Great Outdoor Cinema Club back to Caxton Meadow from Thursday, July 5 to Saturday, July 7.
The Norwich-based company, run by event planners Danny Banthorpe, Andrew Bunn and Olly Sear, will be showing The Lion King, Back to the Future and The Greatest Showman over the three-day event.
Mr Banthorpe said: “It’s all about the experience. It’s a chance to cuddle up with your loved ones outside under duvets, blankets or on chairs.”
The organiser expressed his excitement at returning to the town.
He said: “It is our first event of the summer and has always worked well for us.
“Guests arrive a couple of hours before the movie begins to enjoy social time with family, friends and fellow film lovers with the distinctive aroma of popping popcorn and wood fired pizzas.”
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
The films are chosen through a poll via the group’s Facebook page.
Family favourite The Lion King will kick off proceedings on the Thursday evening.
Mr Banthorpe said: “Thursday, being a school night, is always one for the families and The Lion King seems to win hands down every time.”
And the following evening, 80s science fiction classic Back to the Future will transport film lovers back in time.
However, it is Sunday’s screening of 2017 musical The Greatest Showman which Mr Banthorpe believes will be the “real showstopper”.
Pre-sale tickets for screening of the film at events around the country have already sold out.
Mr Banthorpe added: “I’m sure it will be a sing-a-long on the night.”
Money raised at the event will help out local facilities with the hire fee of Caxton Meadow and takings from the on site bar helping to raise funds for Beccles Caxton Football Club.
Pop up Pictures is currently planning to a unveil a new American-style ‘Drive-in Movie’ schedule for the autumn.
Tickets costing £12 for adults, £12 for one adult and one child, £6 for an extra child and £8 for teenagers between 15 and 17, are available from the Pop Up Picture Facebook Page or www.popuppictures.co.uk