Popular Beccles antiques market returns for second time this year
- Credit: James Bass
Bargain hunters are in for a treat as the second Antiques Street Market of the year is staged in Beccles.
It will be returning next Sunday, August 28, from 8am to 4.30pm, with a hundred general and specialist dealers filling the centre of town.
There will be a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables on offer including furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design/clothing and decorative items.
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will also be open, offering shoppers the chance to have a break.
Local catering is also incorporated into the market, including a hog roast, ice cream and tea and coffee.
You may also want to watch:
The market was started by Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxon, both in Beccles, in 2009 with just over 40 dealers, and has grown year on year.
Mrs Lee said: “If you haven’t been before you really should give it a visit and experience the pleasure of a busy outdoor specialist market.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
“It goes ahead regardless of the weather, so remember to bring an umbrella and a sun hat.”
Following the success of the Facebook competition at the last market, one follower will get £100 to spend on the day. Visit www.facebook.com/antiquesmarketbeccles for more information. Entry to the market is free.