Popular Benacre charity dog day to return
- Credit: Archant
Popular dog show Strutt Your Mutt returns next weekend to raise money for a canine charity.
It takes place on Sunday, May 1 at Woodfarm, Benacre, in aid of Dogs for Good, the new name for Dogs for the Disabled.
Participants can choose either a two or seven mile route across the picturesque estate to walk their dogs, while gaining sponsorship, as well as take part in a dog show.
It is open to all from a pedigree poodle to a cheeky corgi, with entries being taken from 10am and judging from midday.
There will be rosettes and prizes to be won up to fifth place in each class, with the best dogs going forward for the ultimate accolade of best in show.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Barnes and his Dog and Duck show will be entertaining in the main arena, while the sheepdog display will give a demonstration and insight into dog behaviour.
The Barking Mad Dog Training School will be holding a canine Olympics with tests of speed, agility and obedience that dogs of all skill levels, shapes and sizes can play. It will be run by Richard Clarke, who has appeared on BBC1’s Dog Borstal and Countryfile.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough
And for the fashion conscious mutt Paws on the Catwalk will be available with Posh Paws Dog Boutique. The fashion show is taking place in the new canine café, where dogs and their owners can enjoy handmade treats and refreshments.
Canine massage therapy from a host of professionals will also be available alongside a variety of trade and charity stands and jazz from Ali’s Cats.
Jill Asquith, organiser said: “Thanks to the kindness and generosity of Lady Gooch, as well as the hard work and support of Natural England, taking part in Strutt Your Mutt will give you a rare opportunity to enjoy areas of the estate that are not usually open to the public.
“At Strutt Your Mutt, we do not take ourselves too seriously, and our aim is to put the fun back into dog shows. There is a class for everyone, so come and bring your dog, enter the show and have fun with us, because at the end of the day you will always take the best dog home.”
Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for under 16s, with free car parking.
To book your tickets and for more information visit www.struttyourmutt.co.uk
Tickets will also be available on the day.