Popular model club exhibition returns to Beccles for a second year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Following the success of last year’s first anniversary model railway open day and exhibition, the Norfolk and Suffolk Narrow Gauge Modellers will be hosting another show in Beccles next weekend.
This year’s event will see some guest model railways from the Isle of Wight, Essex and Bedfordshire as well as layouts by the group’s own members.
There will also be trade stands selling various railway modelling items, The Southwold Railway Trust, an engine from the Langley Schools railway and a figure painting demonstration.
The event will be held at the former St John Ambulance Hall in Blyburgate, Beccles, next Saturday, March 5.
Last year more than 200 people visited the open day with people travelling from as far as Sheffield to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the group will once again be taking part in a modelling challenge and members of the public will be invited to vote for their favourite model. Last year’s winners were Graham and Caroline Watling with their layout Ravens Gill, which will be operating on the day.
The exhibition will be open from 10am to 4pm and admission will cost £2 for adults with accompanied children under 16 free.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Popular museum gears up for weekend reopening
- 10 'Keep Southwold Safe' - New signage to support lockdown easing
Light refreshments will be available and will once again be provided by members of the Great Yarmouth Brass Band.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Narrow Gauge Modellers formed in March 2014 and the group is made up of railway enthusiasts that have an interest in creating models of the smaller size railways like Southwold railway and Ffestiniog railway. Members meet monthly to show their latest projects, layouts and to socialise.
For more details about the Norfolk and Suffolk group visit http://nsngm.org.uk or call 01502 471760.
Are you hosting a special event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 712060.