Popular vehicle rally returns to Earsham for third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The Bungay Lions will hosting their third classic vehicle rally next month - and they promise it will be bigger than last year’s.
The event, which will be held at Earsham Hall on Sunday, May 3, attracted around 4,000 visitors in 2014 and this year more than 450 vehicles are expected to attend.
There will be craft and trade stalls and entertainment from the Taverham Band and Air Mail, a Shadows tribute band. And for children Razz the Clown will make an appearance and there will be a bouncy castle.
Dawn Collis, one of the event organisers, said: “It’s a really great and rewarding day.
“It’s lovely to see all the cars turn up and it has become quite a good event for car clubs in the area. And after just three years - we’re really proud of that.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lions have chosen Beccles and Bungay Area Community Transport as their main charity, which provides transport for people living in Beccles, Bungay and surrounding towns and villages to whom other forms of public transport are not easily available.
Gates will be open between 10am and 5pm and entry will be £3.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
Anyone who would like to show their vehicle should contact Michael Gardiner on 07599935113 and to register interest in stalls contact David Lewis on 07599935165.
Have you got a story or event from the Bungay area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org