Popular vehicle rally returns to Earsham for third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The Bungay Lions will hosting their third classic vehicle rally next month - and they promise it will be bigger than last year’s.
The event, which will be held at Earsham Hall on Sunday, May 3, attracted around 4,000 visitors in 2014 and this year more than 450 vehicles are expected to attend.
There will be craft and trade stalls and entertainment from the Taverham Band and Air Mail, a Shadows tribute band. And for children Razz the Clown will make an appearance and there will be a bouncy castle.
Dawn Collis, one of the event organisers, said: “It’s a really great and rewarding day.
“It’s lovely to see all the cars turn up and it has become quite a good event for car clubs in the area. And after just three years - we’re really proud of that.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lions have chosen Beccles and Bungay Area Community Transport as their main charity, which provides transport for people living in Beccles, Bungay and surrounding towns and villages to whom other forms of public transport are not easily available.
Gates will be open between 10am and 5pm and entry will be £3.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 10 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
Anyone who would like to show their vehicle should contact Michael Gardiner on 07599935113 and to register interest in stalls contact David Lewis on 07599935165.
Have you got a story or event from the Bungay area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org