Popular vehicle rally returns to Earsham for third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The Bungay Lions will hosting their third classic vehicle rally next month - and they promise it will be bigger than last year’s.
The event, which will be held at Earsham Hall on Sunday, May 3, attracted around 4,000 visitors in 2014 and this year more than 450 vehicles are expected to attend.
There will be craft and trade stalls and entertainment from the Taverham Band and Air Mail, a Shadows tribute band. And for children Razz the Clown will make an appearance and there will be a bouncy castle.
Dawn Collis, one of the event organisers, said: “It’s a really great and rewarding day.
“It’s lovely to see all the cars turn up and it has become quite a good event for car clubs in the area. And after just three years - we’re really proud of that.”
The Lions have chosen Beccles and Bungay Area Community Transport as their main charity, which provides transport for people living in Beccles, Bungay and surrounding towns and villages to whom other forms of public transport are not easily available.
Gates will be open between 10am and 5pm and entry will be £3.
- 1 Town start season with home win
- 2 Is size the secret of south Norfolk's 'up and coming' village?
- 3 Imaginations soar as popular sculpture trail returns
- 4 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 5 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Roll-out of free Wi-Fi continues in east Suffolk
- 8 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 9 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 10 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
Anyone who would like to show their vehicle should contact Michael Gardiner on 07599935113 and to register interest in stalls contact David Lewis on 07599935165.
Have you got a story or event from the Bungay area? Email email@example.com