Popular vehicle rally returns to Earsham for third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The Bungay Lions will hosting their third classic vehicle rally next month - and they promise it will be bigger than last year’s.
The event, which will be held at Earsham Hall on Sunday, May 3, attracted around 4,000 visitors in 2014 and this year more than 450 vehicles are expected to attend.
There will be craft and trade stalls and entertainment from the Taverham Band and Air Mail, a Shadows tribute band. And for children Razz the Clown will make an appearance and there will be a bouncy castle.
Dawn Collis, one of the event organisers, said: “It’s a really great and rewarding day.
“It’s lovely to see all the cars turn up and it has become quite a good event for car clubs in the area. And after just three years - we’re really proud of that.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lions have chosen Beccles and Bungay Area Community Transport as their main charity, which provides transport for people living in Beccles, Bungay and surrounding towns and villages to whom other forms of public transport are not easily available.
Gates will be open between 10am and 5pm and entry will be £3.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
Anyone who would like to show their vehicle should contact Michael Gardiner on 07599935113 and to register interest in stalls contact David Lewis on 07599935165.
Have you got a story or event from the Bungay area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org