Postman hit by car in Blyburgate
A POSTMAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after his bike collided with a car in Beccles. The accident happened at about 1.15pm today on Blyburgate after an unlicensed driver in a red Ford Fiesta came out of a driveway onto the road.
A POSTMAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after his bike collided with a car in Beccles.
The accident happened at about 1.15pm today on Blyburgate after an unlicensed driver in a red Ford Fiesta came out of a driveway onto the road.
Police said: “It would appear the car had come out from the side as the guy on his push bike was coming in. The driver of the car is helping us with our enquiries.”
Passers-by said the cyclist, who was thought to be in his 50s, had cut his head but was conscious.
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance was called but was not needed and he was taken to James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, by road. Police said his injuries were not considered life threatening.
The driver, who was male and in his teens, did not have a driving licence and his car was seized. Police said he could now face charges for document offences.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 9 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 10 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
Members of the public began redirecting traffic following the crash while they waited for police to arrive.
Three police cars and an ambulance were at the scene and the road was cordoned off between the junction at Newgate and the junction at Hungate until about 2pm.