Postman hit by car in Blyburgate
A POSTMAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after his bike collided with a car in Beccles. The accident happened at about 1.15pm today on Blyburgate after an unlicensed driver in a red Ford Fiesta came out of a driveway onto the road.
A POSTMAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after his bike collided with a car in Beccles.
The accident happened at about 1.15pm today on Blyburgate after an unlicensed driver in a red Ford Fiesta came out of a driveway onto the road.
Police said: “It would appear the car had come out from the side as the guy on his push bike was coming in. The driver of the car is helping us with our enquiries.”
Passers-by said the cyclist, who was thought to be in his 50s, had cut his head but was conscious.
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance was called but was not needed and he was taken to James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, by road. Police said his injuries were not considered life threatening.
The driver, who was male and in his teens, did not have a driving licence and his car was seized. Police said he could now face charges for document offences.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
Members of the public began redirecting traffic following the crash while they waited for police to arrive.
Three police cars and an ambulance were at the scene and the road was cordoned off between the junction at Newgate and the junction at Hungate until about 2pm.