Postman hit by car in Blyburgate
A POSTMAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after his bike collided with a car in Beccles. The accident happened at about 1.15pm today on Blyburgate after an unlicensed driver in a red Ford Fiesta came out of a driveway onto the road.
A POSTMAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after his bike collided with a car in Beccles.
The accident happened at about 1.15pm today on Blyburgate after an unlicensed driver in a red Ford Fiesta came out of a driveway onto the road.
Police said: “It would appear the car had come out from the side as the guy on his push bike was coming in. The driver of the car is helping us with our enquiries.”
Passers-by said the cyclist, who was thought to be in his 50s, had cut his head but was conscious.
The air ambulance was called but was not needed and he was taken to James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, by road. Police said his injuries were not considered life threatening.
The driver, who was male and in his teens, did not have a driving licence and his car was seized. Police said he could now face charges for document offences.
- 1 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
- 2 New Asian restaurant already fully booked a week after opening
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 5 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 6 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 7 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
- 10 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
Members of the public began redirecting traffic following the crash while they waited for police to arrive.
Three police cars and an ambulance were at the scene and the road was cordoned off between the junction at Newgate and the junction at Hungate until about 2pm.