Pre-school receives top judgement from Ofsted
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norfolk pre-school has been graded outstanding in all four categories following an inspection by Ofsted.
Alburgh with Denton Pre-School Nursery was visited by an inspector last month and was graded outstanding for its effectiveness of the leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare and outcomes for children.
The pre-school has improved since its last inspection in 2011 when it was graded good.
The report said: “Staff demonstrate an excellent knowledge and understanding of how children learn and develop. They use their knowledge of children’s abilities, interests and learning styles to plan an excellent range of activities and high-quality learning opportunities.
“Children learn about the wider world through a superb range of play resources, visitors to the nursery and outings, such as to the theatre, school and church. Staff plan a wide range of activities and experiences that helps children to respect and celebrate differences and diversity.”
The report also said partnerships with parents are outstanding, staff have excellent knowledge about their responsibility to safeguard children and the trustees, manager and staff team demonstrate a strong commitment to developing the nursery.
To further improve the report said the pre-school needs to expand opportunities in staff development to focus even more sharply on sustaining the excellent quality of teaching.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 5 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 6 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 7 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 8 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 9 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 10 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
Jayne Rayner, manager of the pre-school said: “We have worked very hard over the years to develop our pre-school, with staff often going above and beyond to support families. All the staff are passionate about their work at the pre-school, and helping to develop the setting so that it meets the needs of today’s children. We will continue in our aim to provide the very best in early years education for all.”