Pre-school receives top judgement from Ofsted
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norfolk pre-school has been graded outstanding in all four categories following an inspection by Ofsted.
Alburgh with Denton Pre-School Nursery was visited by an inspector last month and was graded outstanding for its effectiveness of the leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare and outcomes for children.
The pre-school has improved since its last inspection in 2011 when it was graded good.
The report said: “Staff demonstrate an excellent knowledge and understanding of how children learn and develop. They use their knowledge of children’s abilities, interests and learning styles to plan an excellent range of activities and high-quality learning opportunities.
“Children learn about the wider world through a superb range of play resources, visitors to the nursery and outings, such as to the theatre, school and church. Staff plan a wide range of activities and experiences that helps children to respect and celebrate differences and diversity.”
You may also want to watch:
The report also said partnerships with parents are outstanding, staff have excellent knowledge about their responsibility to safeguard children and the trustees, manager and staff team demonstrate a strong commitment to developing the nursery.
To further improve the report said the pre-school needs to expand opportunities in staff development to focus even more sharply on sustaining the excellent quality of teaching.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Jayne Rayner, manager of the pre-school said: “We have worked very hard over the years to develop our pre-school, with staff often going above and beyond to support families. All the staff are passionate about their work at the pre-school, and helping to develop the setting so that it meets the needs of today’s children. We will continue in our aim to provide the very best in early years education for all.”