Professional panto at hall for first time
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Public Hall will be presenting its first ever professional pantomime this Christmas bringing the classic fairy tale Jack and the Beanstalk to life.
The production is being staged and produced by East Anglian company Spark Live, who will present the show over the festive period for a ten performance run.
Sue Bergin, events co-ordinator at the Public Hall said: “We are delighted to be working with Spark Live to offer the local community good old fashioned entertainment for all the family this Christmas.
“We strive to provide great quality family shows at a reasonable price while listening to our patrons feedback including the large number of people who have asked for panto at the hall.”
The pantomine will follow the tale of Dame Trott, her son Jack and loud-mouthed cow Daisy, who are in need of money. The evil Mr Fleshcreep threatens that if they don’t pay the rent they will all be eaten by the nasty giant. And when Jack is sent to the market to sell their beloved cow, he comes home with a handful of beans instead. The show will be packed with upbeat songs, dazzling costumes, stunning scenery and special effects.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Dean, one of the co-producers behind the show, said: “There will be comedy, slapstick and the right amount of drama and music and some fun along the way. It will be nice to share Christmas with lots of happy, smiling faces.”
The pantomime will be sponsored by Durrants, which runs an estate agents and auction room in the town. Marketing manager Rebecca Mayhew said: “Durrants are delighted to be the main sponsors of the Beccles pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk.
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 10 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
“It has been a pleasure to see the Public Hall go from strength to strength over the last few years and we relish the opportunity to show our support for such a great local project. Beccles is a thriving market town, and it is events like this which continue to make it so.”
Jack and the Beanstalk will open at Beccles Public Hall on Saturday, December 26 and run until Saturday, January 2, 2016. Ticket prices start at £8.50 and are available by calling 01502 770060, online at www.becclespublichall.org.uk or in person at the box office open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm.
Is your group putting on a special event? Email email@example.com