Professional panto at hall for first time
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Public Hall will be presenting its first ever professional pantomime this Christmas bringing the classic fairy tale Jack and the Beanstalk to life.
The production is being staged and produced by East Anglian company Spark Live, who will present the show over the festive period for a ten performance run.
Sue Bergin, events co-ordinator at the Public Hall said: “We are delighted to be working with Spark Live to offer the local community good old fashioned entertainment for all the family this Christmas.
“We strive to provide great quality family shows at a reasonable price while listening to our patrons feedback including the large number of people who have asked for panto at the hall.”
The pantomine will follow the tale of Dame Trott, her son Jack and loud-mouthed cow Daisy, who are in need of money. The evil Mr Fleshcreep threatens that if they don’t pay the rent they will all be eaten by the nasty giant. And when Jack is sent to the market to sell their beloved cow, he comes home with a handful of beans instead. The show will be packed with upbeat songs, dazzling costumes, stunning scenery and special effects.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Dean, one of the co-producers behind the show, said: “There will be comedy, slapstick and the right amount of drama and music and some fun along the way. It will be nice to share Christmas with lots of happy, smiling faces.”
The pantomime will be sponsored by Durrants, which runs an estate agents and auction room in the town. Marketing manager Rebecca Mayhew said: “Durrants are delighted to be the main sponsors of the Beccles pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
“It has been a pleasure to see the Public Hall go from strength to strength over the last few years and we relish the opportunity to show our support for such a great local project. Beccles is a thriving market town, and it is events like this which continue to make it so.”
Jack and the Beanstalk will open at Beccles Public Hall on Saturday, December 26 and run until Saturday, January 2, 2016. Ticket prices start at £8.50 and are available by calling 01502 770060, online at www.becclespublichall.org.uk or in person at the box office open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm.
Is your group putting on a special event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org