Pub and hotel closes
A POPULAR Beccles pub and hotel has been purchased by JD Wetherspoon and has closed for redevelopment. The 16th-century King's Head Hotel went up for sale in December along with five other pubs and hotels in the region after the owner got into financial difficulties.
A POPULAR Beccles pub and hotel has been purchased by JD Wetherspoon and has closed for redevelopment.
The 16th-century King's Head Hotel went up for sale in December along with five other pubs and hotels in the region after the owner got into financial difficulties.
Three companies owned by Suffolk property millionaire Richard Cattermole were placed into the hands of administrators KPMG because of financial liabilities.
The King's Head Hotel is currently boarded up and the outdoor seating has been taken away.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Gershon, a spokesman for JD Wetherspoon, yesterday confirmed that the company had purchased the site and plans to redevelop it.
He said: “I can confirm the site is now owned by JD Wetherspoon. We hope to start building work in the near future and the site is going to be completely redeveloped. It will reopen as a completely new look pub. We believe it will be an asset to the town.”
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
Mr Gershon said he could not give a time frame for the refurbishment plans.