Pub and hotel closes
A POPULAR Beccles pub and hotel has been purchased by JD Wetherspoon and has closed for redevelopment. The 16th-century King's Head Hotel went up for sale in December along with five other pubs and hotels in the region after the owner got into financial difficulties.
A POPULAR Beccles pub and hotel has been purchased by JD Wetherspoon and has closed for redevelopment.
The 16th-century King's Head Hotel went up for sale in December along with five other pubs and hotels in the region after the owner got into financial difficulties.
Three companies owned by Suffolk property millionaire Richard Cattermole were placed into the hands of administrators KPMG because of financial liabilities.
The King's Head Hotel is currently boarded up and the outdoor seating has been taken away.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Gershon, a spokesman for JD Wetherspoon, yesterday confirmed that the company had purchased the site and plans to redevelop it.
He said: “I can confirm the site is now owned by JD Wetherspoon. We hope to start building work in the near future and the site is going to be completely redeveloped. It will reopen as a completely new look pub. We believe it will be an asset to the town.”
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 7 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
Mr Gershon said he could not give a time frame for the refurbishment plans.