Pub and hotel closes
A POPULAR Beccles pub and hotel has been purchased by JD Wetherspoon and has closed for redevelopment. The 16th-century King's Head Hotel went up for sale in December along with five other pubs and hotels in the region after the owner got into financial difficulties.
A POPULAR Beccles pub and hotel has been purchased by JD Wetherspoon and has closed for redevelopment.
The 16th-century King's Head Hotel went up for sale in December along with five other pubs and hotels in the region after the owner got into financial difficulties.
Three companies owned by Suffolk property millionaire Richard Cattermole were placed into the hands of administrators KPMG because of financial liabilities.
The King's Head Hotel is currently boarded up and the outdoor seating has been taken away.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Gershon, a spokesman for JD Wetherspoon, yesterday confirmed that the company had purchased the site and plans to redevelop it.
He said: “I can confirm the site is now owned by JD Wetherspoon. We hope to start building work in the near future and the site is going to be completely redeveloped. It will reopen as a completely new look pub. We believe it will be an asset to the town.”
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 8 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 9 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café
Mr Gershon said he could not give a time frame for the refurbishment plans.