Pupils cook up a storm in school bake-off competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Benet’s Primary School in Beccles have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen as part of a school bake-off competition.
The contest was split into three categories – savoury, cupcakes/biscuits and showstoppers – and pupils were asked to make their creations at home and then bring them into school for judging.
The entries were judged on June 9 and the winners were announced during the school assembly.
Entries included bumblebee cupcakes, meringues, and a tiered chocolate cake covered in fruit.
A sale was then held at break time in the school hall for children to sample each others creations and the larger cakes were sold after school to parents, friends and staff.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £195 was raised which will go towards the St Benet’s School for Peace in the Congo.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash