Pupils cook up a storm in school bake-off competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Benet’s Primary School in Beccles have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen as part of a school bake-off competition.
The contest was split into three categories – savoury, cupcakes/biscuits and showstoppers – and pupils were asked to make their creations at home and then bring them into school for judging.
The entries were judged on June 9 and the winners were announced during the school assembly.
Entries included bumblebee cupcakes, meringues, and a tiered chocolate cake covered in fruit.
A sale was then held at break time in the school hall for children to sample each others creations and the larger cakes were sold after school to parents, friends and staff.
A total of £195 was raised which will go towards the St Benet’s School for Peace in the Congo.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 3 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 6 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 7 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 10 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk