Pupils cook up a storm in school bake-off competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Benet’s Primary School in Beccles have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen as part of a school bake-off competition.
The contest was split into three categories – savoury, cupcakes/biscuits and showstoppers – and pupils were asked to make their creations at home and then bring them into school for judging.
The entries were judged on June 9 and the winners were announced during the school assembly.
Entries included bumblebee cupcakes, meringues, and a tiered chocolate cake covered in fruit.
A sale was then held at break time in the school hall for children to sample each others creations and the larger cakes were sold after school to parents, friends and staff.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £195 was raised which will go towards the St Benet’s School for Peace in the Congo.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk