Pupils cook up a storm in school bake-off competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Benet’s Primary School in Beccles have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen as part of a school bake-off competition.
The contest was split into three categories – savoury, cupcakes/biscuits and showstoppers – and pupils were asked to make their creations at home and then bring them into school for judging.
The entries were judged on June 9 and the winners were announced during the school assembly.
Entries included bumblebee cupcakes, meringues, and a tiered chocolate cake covered in fruit.
A sale was then held at break time in the school hall for children to sample each others creations and the larger cakes were sold after school to parents, friends and staff.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £195 was raised which will go towards the St Benet’s School for Peace in the Congo.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published