Pupils put on their running shoes for charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pupils, teachers and parents took to the school field at the newly named Beccles Primary Academy to take part in their own Race for Life fundraiser.
Dressed in blue and pink, youngsters took turns throughout the day to run the eight laps - the equivalent to a mile - to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“The children had an amazing time,” said PE leader Amanda Clarke.
“It was so much fun and it was nice to end the term with something like this - it was a sea of blue and pink”
So far the school has raised £1,000 with more sponsorship money to come in.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Clarke added: “We’re so pleased with the amount we have raised and it is for such a great cause. People have been so supportive.
“I would like to thank the parents for their support who came along and did the laps with their children – with some of the pupils doing it twice. It was a really good day and there was a buzz about the school.”
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day