Purse stolen from handbag, Bungay
A NAVY blue purse was stolen from a handbag left briefly unattended in a shop in St Marys Street, Bungay.A 60-year-old woman had put her bag down on the floor around 11.
A NAVY blue purse was stolen from a handbag left briefly unattended in a shop in St Marys Street, Bungay.
A 60-year-old woman had put her bag down on the floor around 11.10am to 11.15am on Friday as she browsed, but when she went to pay for items she discovered her purse, containing cash and cards had gone.
One of the cards in the purse was then used to make a withdrawal from a cash machine at the Rainbow store in Hillside Road East around ten minutes later.
Police are keen to trace a woman, described as white, in her 20s, around 5ft tall, of slim build, with long dark hair in a ponytail wearing a short black coat, black scarf, light blue jeans, black calf length boots and a large light brown shoulder bag.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident or the woman is asked to call the Crime Investigation Bureau on 01473 613500.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
- 10 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy