Purse stolen from handbag, Bungay
A NAVY blue purse was stolen from a handbag left briefly unattended in a shop in St Marys Street, Bungay.A 60-year-old woman had put her bag down on the floor around 11.
A NAVY blue purse was stolen from a handbag left briefly unattended in a shop in St Marys Street, Bungay.
A 60-year-old woman had put her bag down on the floor around 11.10am to 11.15am on Friday as she browsed, but when she went to pay for items she discovered her purse, containing cash and cards had gone.
One of the cards in the purse was then used to make a withdrawal from a cash machine at the Rainbow store in Hillside Road East around ten minutes later.
Police are keen to trace a woman, described as white, in her 20s, around 5ft tall, of slim build, with long dark hair in a ponytail wearing a short black coat, black scarf, light blue jeans, black calf length boots and a large light brown shoulder bag.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident or the woman is asked to call the Crime Investigation Bureau on 01473 613500.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history