QD set for Beccles
QD STORES has confirmed that it will be taking over the vacant Woolworths store in Beccles and has launched a recruitment drive for new staff, with about 15 positions available.
QD STORES has confirmed that it will be taking over the vacant Woolworths store in Beccles- and has launched a recruitment drive for new staff.
The old Woolworths building, which is slap bang in the centre of town, has been empty since January, and news of the take over has been met with wide spread approval.
The new store will open just before the Easter weekend in April and will be one of the largest value retail stores in the area, stocking 1000s of product lines including household items, clothing, cookware, stationery, gifts and soft furnishings- “all on sale at hugely discounted prices.”
The outlet will employ at least 12 members of staff, both full-time and part-time, with positions up for grabs including supervisory staff, night fill staff, warehouse assistants and weekend sales assistants.
You may also want to watch:
Recruitment days are being held on March 19 from 10am until 8pm and March 20 from 10am until 5pm at the King's Head Hotel in Beccles. Application forms are available from www.qdstores.co.uk.
Christine Pinsent, chairman of Beccles Business Association, said: “I think everybody and all the businesses in the vicinity will be pleased that the store is going to be occupied again.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
“There was such a void there and we were just not seeing the amount of people around. QD is not dissimilar to Woolies in that people go in there for all sorts of things and I am sure this will help mums and families as well as providing jobs locally.”
QD is planning several events in-store to mark its arrival in the town, and there will be special launch offers throughout the Easter weekend.
QD's Marketing Manager, Alan Hatcher, said: “We are delighted to be opening a new branch of QD here in Beccles and creating jobs in the town at a time when so many well-known high street names are disappearing. In the past, customers have had to travel some distance to visit their nearest QD store in Gorleston or Lowestoft; now they can shop locally and enjoy the vast choice of top value goods and fantastic deals at their convenience.”