Quiz helps Loddon hall refurbishment
COMMUNITY quiz events have helped raise a whopping �5,000 for Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall.The venue may soon be the best-dressed in south Norfolk with a rolling programme under way to refurbish the bar, lounge and hall itself.
COMMUNITY quiz events have helped raise a whopping �5,000 for Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall.
The venue may soon be the best-dressed in south Norfolk with a rolling programme under way to refurbish the bar, lounge and hall itself.
Alan Mason, the quiz organiser said: “24 teams, consisting of over 160 contestants rose to the challenge of our third fundraising quiz night, held on November 28 resulting in a cumulative sum in excess of �5,000, which will be used to bring the hall decor and standards into the 21st century.”
Quizmaster Gavin Dare travelled from Hertfordshire to deliver a selection of brain-teasing questions in his usual fast-paced style. During the interval teams dined on fish and chips, and ham and cheese ploughman's supplied by local caterers, while a band of willing helpers took drink orders and waited on tables.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team Piaggio scored 121 from a maximum of 133 points.
The quiz was well supported by the local and business community with more than �500 of sponsorship. A further �400 was raised from the raffle alone.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
Mr Mason, an employee of Barclays Bank got the company to donate �750 towards the event. Under its �4� scheme, it will be doubled to �1,750.