Quiz helps Loddon hall refurbishment
COMMUNITY quiz events have helped raise a whopping �5,000 for Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall.The venue may soon be the best-dressed in south Norfolk with a rolling programme under way to refurbish the bar, lounge and hall itself.
COMMUNITY quiz events have helped raise a whopping �5,000 for Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall.
The venue may soon be the best-dressed in south Norfolk with a rolling programme under way to refurbish the bar, lounge and hall itself.
Alan Mason, the quiz organiser said: “24 teams, consisting of over 160 contestants rose to the challenge of our third fundraising quiz night, held on November 28 resulting in a cumulative sum in excess of �5,000, which will be used to bring the hall decor and standards into the 21st century.”
Quizmaster Gavin Dare travelled from Hertfordshire to deliver a selection of brain-teasing questions in his usual fast-paced style. During the interval teams dined on fish and chips, and ham and cheese ploughman's supplied by local caterers, while a band of willing helpers took drink orders and waited on tables.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team Piaggio scored 121 from a maximum of 133 points.
The quiz was well supported by the local and business community with more than �500 of sponsorship. A further �400 was raised from the raffle alone.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
Mr Mason, an employee of Barclays Bank got the company to donate �750 towards the event. Under its �4� scheme, it will be doubled to �1,750.