Quiz helps Loddon hall refurbishment
COMMUNITY quiz events have helped raise a whopping �5,000 for Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall.The venue may soon be the best-dressed in south Norfolk with a rolling programme under way to refurbish the bar, lounge and hall itself.
COMMUNITY quiz events have helped raise a whopping �5,000 for Loddon and Chedgrave Jubilee Hall.
The venue may soon be the best-dressed in south Norfolk with a rolling programme under way to refurbish the bar, lounge and hall itself.
Alan Mason, the quiz organiser said: “24 teams, consisting of over 160 contestants rose to the challenge of our third fundraising quiz night, held on November 28 resulting in a cumulative sum in excess of �5,000, which will be used to bring the hall decor and standards into the 21st century.”
Quizmaster Gavin Dare travelled from Hertfordshire to deliver a selection of brain-teasing questions in his usual fast-paced style. During the interval teams dined on fish and chips, and ham and cheese ploughman's supplied by local caterers, while a band of willing helpers took drink orders and waited on tables.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team Piaggio scored 121 from a maximum of 133 points.
The quiz was well supported by the local and business community with more than �500 of sponsorship. A further �400 was raised from the raffle alone.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 4 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 5 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
Mr Mason, an employee of Barclays Bank got the company to donate �750 towards the event. Under its �4� scheme, it will be doubled to �1,750.